I am so over American Idol and vow not to get sucked in again this season. (I Tivo fast forwarded through one of the audition episodes. Nicki Minaj? Seriously? What's her deal?)
But, I thoroughly enjoyed "Elimination Night" by Anonymous. It's allegedly a satire based on a fictionalized behind-the-scenes look at the show, with not-so-thinly veiled characters and settings (American Icon on the Rabbit network starring Joey Lovecraft a/k/a Steven Tyler and Bibi Vasquez a/k/a Jennifer Lopez, etc.).
It's stupid, sophomoric and outrageously over the top. But so is American Idol. Some of it is almost believable, in a general sense. It also has a one letter minor surprise twist at the end, and I don't recall ever seeing that before. I had to stare at the letter for a minute to get it.
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (22 replies)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (49 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (7 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (3 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (17 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (4 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)