I am so over American Idol and vow not to get sucked in again this season. (I Tivo fast forwarded through one of the audition episodes. Nicki Minaj? Seriously? What's her deal?)
But, I thoroughly enjoyed "Elimination Night" by Anonymous. It's allegedly a satire based on a fictionalized behind-the-scenes look at the show, with not-so-thinly veiled characters and settings (American Icon on the Rabbit network starring Joey Lovecraft a/k/a Steven Tyler and Bibi Vasquez a/k/a Jennifer Lopez, etc.).
It's stupid, sophomoric and outrageously over the top. But so is American Idol. Some of it is almost believable, in a general sense. It also has a one letter minor surprise twist at the end, and I don't recall ever seeing that before. I had to stare at the letter for a minute to get it.
- Christenberry House comes down (8 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (4 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)
- State offering voluntary employee buyouts (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (7 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (23 replies)
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (4 replies)
- The best states for bicycling (13 replies)