I am so over American Idol and vow not to get sucked in again this season. (I Tivo fast forwarded through one of the audition episodes. Nicki Minaj? Seriously? What's her deal?)
But, I thoroughly enjoyed "Elimination Night" by Anonymous. It's allegedly a satire based on a fictionalized behind-the-scenes look at the show, with not-so-thinly veiled characters and settings (American Icon on the Rabbit network starring Joey Lovecraft a/k/a Steven Tyler and Bibi Vasquez a/k/a Jennifer Lopez, etc.).
It's stupid, sophomoric and outrageously over the top. But so is American Idol. Some of it is almost believable, in a general sense. It also has a one letter minor surprise twist at the end, and I don't recall ever seeing that before. I had to stare at the letter for a minute to get it.
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (8 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (3 replies)
- Boomsday will be mostly free after all (7 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (21 replies)
- the future of public education (3 replies)
- Follies redux (1 reply)
- Stop-Start Vehicle Technology Saves Gas: Study (1 reply)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (2 replies)
- Early voting update (1 reply)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (8 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (15 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)