I am so over American Idol and vow not to get sucked in again this season. (I Tivo fast forwarded through one of the audition episodes. Nicki Minaj? Seriously? What's her deal?)
But, I thoroughly enjoyed "Elimination Night" by Anonymous. It's allegedly a satire based on a fictionalized behind-the-scenes look at the show, with not-so-thinly veiled characters and settings (American Icon on the Rabbit network starring Joey Lovecraft a/k/a Steven Tyler and Bibi Vasquez a/k/a Jennifer Lopez, etc.).
It's stupid, sophomoric and outrageously over the top. But so is American Idol. Some of it is almost believable, in a general sense. It also has a one letter minor surprise twist at the end, and I don't recall ever seeing that before. I had to stare at the letter for a minute to get it.
- Justice? (57 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (7 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (14 replies)
- Developers look to create underground NYC park (2 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (62 replies)
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)