I am so over American Idol and vow not to get sucked in again this season. (I Tivo fast forwarded through one of the audition episodes. Nicki Minaj? Seriously? What's her deal?)
But, I thoroughly enjoyed "Elimination Night" by Anonymous. It's allegedly a satire based on a fictionalized behind-the-scenes look at the show, with not-so-thinly veiled characters and settings (American Icon on the Rabbit network starring Joey Lovecraft a/k/a Steven Tyler and Bibi Vasquez a/k/a Jennifer Lopez, etc.).
It's stupid, sophomoric and outrageously over the top. But so is American Idol. Some of it is almost believable, in a general sense. It also has a one letter minor surprise twist at the end, and I don't recall ever seeing that before. I had to stare at the letter for a minute to get it.
- Magnolia Ave. Streetscape project a conundrum (1 reply)
- Sears closing more stores (6 replies)
- Petition for a Better Dollar General on Washington Pike (16 replies)
- House defers vouchers (8 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (9 replies)
- Bernie Sanders raises $5.6 million in first 21 hours after NH polls close (1 reply)
- U.S. national parks get star treatment in new IMAX film (3 replies)
- Who is the TNReady testing vendor? (1 reply)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (11 replies)
- Thinking Big (1 reply)
- Pilot update (11 replies)
- Super Bowl halftime shows - What a difference 36 years makes (2 replies)