I am so over American Idol and vow not to get sucked in again this season. (I Tivo fast forwarded through one of the audition episodes. Nicki Minaj? Seriously? What's her deal?)
But, I thoroughly enjoyed "Elimination Night" by Anonymous. It's allegedly a satire based on a fictionalized behind-the-scenes look at the show, with not-so-thinly veiled characters and settings (American Icon on the Rabbit network starring Joey Lovecraft a/k/a Steven Tyler and Bibi Vasquez a/k/a Jennifer Lopez, etc.).
It's stupid, sophomoric and outrageously over the top. But so is American Idol. Some of it is almost believable, in a general sense. It also has a one letter minor surprise twist at the end, and I don't recall ever seeing that before. I had to stare at the letter for a minute to get it.
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (1 reply)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (61 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (19 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (8 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (2 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (29 replies)
- ISIS (80 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (18 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (23 replies)
- Dangers hidden in the education debate (9 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (41 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)