KNS editor Jack McElroy has a column today about a new Scripps initiative called the "Four Platforms" strategy for delivering content on the web, smartphones, tablets and print.
The current smartphone/tablet offering, at least for Android, is sort of primitive. It isn't much more than a basic RSS feed reader. I'm guessing it's a generic Scripps corporate-developed stopgap app provided to all their media outlets.
I realize they don't have Google money/skills for developing mobile/tablet apps, but surely it can't be that hard.
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (14 replies)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (2 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)
- Guilty pleasures: Janet Jackson's Unbreakable (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (9 replies)
- Happy Halloween! (30 replies)
- School shooting in Oregon (16 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces Jackie Clay promotion and Indya Kincannon appointment (2 replies)