KNS editor Jack McElroy has a column today about a new Scripps initiative called the "Four Platforms" strategy for delivering content on the web, smartphones, tablets and print.
The current smartphone/tablet offering, at least for Android, is sort of primitive. It isn't much more than a basic RSS feed reader. I'm guessing it's a generic Scripps corporate-developed stopgap app provided to all their media outlets.
I realize they don't have Google money/skills for developing mobile/tablet apps, but surely it can't be that hard.
- Emerald Academy principal named (30 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (31 replies)
- First Friday Celebration with Knox Co Democratic Party (1 reply)
- Sales tax holiday starts today (1 reply)
- Huffman caves (3 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (10 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (22 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (4 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (33 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)