KNS editor Jack McElroy has a column today about a new Scripps initiative called the "Four Platforms" strategy for delivering content on the web, smartphones, tablets and print.
The current smartphone/tablet offering, at least for Android, is sort of primitive. It isn't much more than a basic RSS feed reader. I'm guessing it's a generic Scripps corporate-developed stopgap app provided to all their media outlets.
I realize they don't have Google money/skills for developing mobile/tablet apps, but surely it can't be that hard.
- The real takeaway from the 2nd D. school board forum (15 replies)
- Uh, what? (29 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (179 replies)
- Send Lawyers, Guns and Money (195 replies)
- USGS updates earthquake hazard for East Tennessee (2 replies)
- We loved Metro Pulse rally (6 replies)
- News Sentinel endorses Gloria Johnson, NO on Amendment 1 (37 replies)
- Meet Eddie Smith with Lamar Alexander! (37 replies)
- Urban infrastructure gets a second life (1 reply)
- See Gloria Johnson Slam Eddie Smith (11 replies)
- California readies pay-as-you-drive tax test, coming soon to a road near you (8 replies)
- A tribute to Roy of Roy's Records (1 reply)
- Oct 20 2014 - 11:00am (10 hours 25 min from now)
- Oct 20 2014 - 6:30pm (17 hours 55 min from now)
- Oct 23 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 17 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)