Just a reminder that today, starting 11:30 a.m. is the annual Legislative Luncheon sponsored by the East Tennessee chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
It starts 11:30 a.m. (Saturday, Jan. 26) at Buddy's Banquet Hall in Bearden, 5806 Kingston Pike. An optional buffet lunch is available, $18 at the door.
Tom Humphrey will moderate. He and audience members will question:
Harry Brooks, Bill Dunn, Ryan Haynes, Gloria Johnson, Becky Massey, Doug Overby (all confirmed). Other area state legislators are possible.
- Voter registration deadline Monday (1 reply)
- McMillan elected School Board Chair (4 replies)
- ISIS+ (7 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (31 replies)
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (14 replies)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (5 hours 27 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 1 hour from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 5 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 6 hours from now)