Especially after THIS piece of news that shows why those of us outside the 440 Loop are tired of Nashville.
However, as Rachel points out at Women's Health News, we don't want a Blue Dog leading our state party either, and for good reason. Roy Herron has more baggage than a Pullman car, not the least of which is that he will not do as the McWherter family asked and take their name off the Center Roy heads, established in Ned's name.
We know Roy, and are not comfortable with him. We DON'T know anything about Dave Garrison, and his reticence to be more open only lends credence to the idea that he is a puppet for outgoing Chair Chip Forrester. Fair or not, until he is more public, what other inference can we take?
Steve Ross has a brilliant piece about what we DO need and what we do NOT need, and if you have not read it, you should, right now. Go ahead, I will wait. See? Aren't you glad you did? I know, why isn't HE running, right? Because he has a job and a family and a mortgage, that's why.
And, in her own inimitable way, our Aunt B sums up the problems of the TNDP perfectly:
Yep. And THAT'S why I have the sad feeling that no matter who wins tomorrow, Democrats lose.
And I am getting tired of it.
- Christenberry House comes down (9 replies)
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (5 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)
- State offering voluntary employee buyouts (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (7 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (23 replies)
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (4 replies)