From NBC News ...
Disabled students who want to play for their school could join traditional teams if officials can make "reasonable modifications" to accommodate them. If those adjustments would fundamentally alter a sport or give the student an advantage, the department is directing the school to create parallel athletic programs that have comparable standing to traditional programs.
The groundbreaking order is reminiscent of the Title IX expansion of athletic opportunities for girls and women four decades ago and could bring sweeping changes to school budgets and locker rooms for years to come.
- Famous people you have met (78 replies)
- World's Fair Park development? (15 replies)
- County Commissioner Brad Anders disciplined in police brutality case (157 replies)
- Knox County educators to host roundtable discussion on teacher pay schedules (2 replies)
- WATE: Three more Pilot Flying J employees plead guilty (6 replies)
- With us or against us (4 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (257 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- How bad is the job market in Tennessee? (5 replies)
- Wheels coming off Meals on Wheels (3 replies)
- Pandora et al (2 replies)
- Pilot indictment watch (93 replies)
- Jun 19 2013 - 2:00pm (5 hours 33 min from now)
- Jun 20 2013 - 5:00pm (1 day 8 hours from now)
- Jun 22 2013 - 10:00am (3 days 1 hour from now)