Verizon announced $30 billion in 4th quarter revenues, including $20 billion for their wireless business which was up 9.5 percent year over year, and a net loss of $1.9 billion. The company cited restructuring and pension adjustment costs and Hurricane Sandy as contributing to the loss.
Verizon added 2.1 million new wireless connections in the 4th quarter for a total of 98.2 million retail connections, a 6.6% increase year over year. The company has 35.1 million retail wireless accounts, up 1.4% year over year, with an average of 2.6 connections per account, up 4.3%. Average revenue per account grew 6.6 percent year over year to $146.80 per month.
More than 58% of Verizon's wireless customers are now using smartphones, and nearly 89% of the U.S. population is now covered by 4G LTE.
Shares of VZ are off around 2% in pre-market trading following the announcement.
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (2 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (5 replies)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (7 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 14 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 15 hours from now)