Verizon announced $30 billion in 4th quarter revenues, including $20 billion for their wireless business which was up 9.5 percent year over year, and a net loss of $1.9 billion. The company cited restructuring and pension adjustment costs and Hurricane Sandy as contributing to the loss.
Verizon added 2.1 million new wireless connections in the 4th quarter for a total of 98.2 million retail connections, a 6.6% increase year over year. The company has 35.1 million retail wireless accounts, up 1.4% year over year, with an average of 2.6 connections per account, up 4.3%. Average revenue per account grew 6.6 percent year over year to $146.80 per month.
More than 58% of Verizon's wireless customers are now using smartphones, and nearly 89% of the U.S. population is now covered by 4G LTE.
Shares of VZ are off around 2% in pre-market trading following the announcement.
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (3 replies)
- CCA et al fund private prison study (1 reply)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (18 replies)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (10 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (2 days 41 min from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (4 days 5 hours from now)