Verizon announced $30 billion in 4th quarter revenues, including $20 billion for their wireless business which was up 9.5 percent year over year, and a net loss of $1.9 billion. The company cited restructuring and pension adjustment costs and Hurricane Sandy as contributing to the loss.
Verizon added 2.1 million new wireless connections in the 4th quarter for a total of 98.2 million retail connections, a 6.6% increase year over year. The company has 35.1 million retail wireless accounts, up 1.4% year over year, with an average of 2.6 connections per account, up 4.3%. Average revenue per account grew 6.6 percent year over year to $146.80 per month.
More than 58% of Verizon's wireless customers are now using smartphones, and nearly 89% of the U.S. population is now covered by 4G LTE.
Shares of VZ are off around 2% in pre-market trading following the announcement.
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (37 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (5 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)