Verizon announced $30 billion in 4th quarter revenues, including $20 billion for their wireless business which was up 9.5 percent year over year, and a net loss of $1.9 billion. The company cited restructuring and pension adjustment costs and Hurricane Sandy as contributing to the loss.
Verizon added 2.1 million new wireless connections in the 4th quarter for a total of 98.2 million retail connections, a 6.6% increase year over year. The company has 35.1 million retail wireless accounts, up 1.4% year over year, with an average of 2.6 connections per account, up 4.3%. Average revenue per account grew 6.6 percent year over year to $146.80 per month.
More than 58% of Verizon's wireless customers are now using smartphones, and nearly 89% of the U.S. population is now covered by 4G LTE.
Shares of VZ are off around 2% in pre-market trading following the announcement.
- Welcome, Andi! (1 reply)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (17 replies)
- Dark money comes to school board races. The source? Charter school advocates (1 reply)
- Infrastructure grades (4 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (31 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (63 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (6 days 6 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 6 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 3 days from now)