Verizon announced $30 billion in 4th quarter revenues, including $20 billion for their wireless business which was up 9.5 percent year over year, and a net loss of $1.9 billion. The company cited restructuring and pension adjustment costs and Hurricane Sandy as contributing to the loss.
Verizon added 2.1 million new wireless connections in the 4th quarter for a total of 98.2 million retail connections, a 6.6% increase year over year. The company has 35.1 million retail wireless accounts, up 1.4% year over year, with an average of 2.6 connections per account, up 4.3%. Average revenue per account grew 6.6 percent year over year to $146.80 per month.
More than 58% of Verizon's wireless customers are now using smartphones, and nearly 89% of the U.S. population is now covered by 4G LTE.
Shares of VZ are off around 2% in pre-market trading following the announcement.
- International Baccalaureate (9 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (3 days 9 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 9 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 10 hours from now)