Saw this on NBC News. Report was focused on seniors getting healthier food more frequently.
Hidden Harvest is a produce recovery program that employs low income farm workers to “rescue” produce that is left behind in the fields and orchards after harvest.
Millions of pounds of produce are left for a variety of reasons — cosmetic blemishes, overproduction, dwindling market price. We also recover many hundreds of thousands of pounds of produce each year from area packing houses. This fresh and nutritious produce is delivered free of charge to over 60 local agencies that serve the poor and hungry.
- RIP James Gandolfini (1 reply)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (60 replies)
- World's Fair Park development? (23 replies)
- You know you're getting old... (11 replies)
- Hollywood Stories (1 reply)
- Knox County educators to host roundtable discussion on teacher pay schedules (11 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (261 replies)
- County Commissioner Brad Anders disciplined in police brutality case (166 replies)
- Pilot indictment watch (97 replies)
- Weber grills keep on grillin' (1 reply)
- Spending good money for a really bad website (1 reply)
- Waiting for the Fed (1 reply)