Saw this on NBC News. Report was focused on seniors getting healthier food more frequently.
Hidden Harvest is a produce recovery program that employs low income farm workers to “rescue” produce that is left behind in the fields and orchards after harvest.
Millions of pounds of produce are left for a variety of reasons — cosmetic blemishes, overproduction, dwindling market price. We also recover many hundreds of thousands of pounds of produce each year from area packing houses. This fresh and nutritious produce is delivered free of charge to over 60 local agencies that serve the poor and hungry.
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (2 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (303 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (12 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- International Baccalaureate (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 6 min from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 36 min from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (6 days 1 hour from now)