Saw this on NBC News. Report was focused on seniors getting healthier food more frequently.
Hidden Harvest is a produce recovery program that employs low income farm workers to “rescue” produce that is left behind in the fields and orchards after harvest.
Millions of pounds of produce are left for a variety of reasons — cosmetic blemishes, overproduction, dwindling market price. We also recover many hundreds of thousands of pounds of produce each year from area packing houses. This fresh and nutritious produce is delivered free of charge to over 60 local agencies that serve the poor and hungry.
- How to Transform a Waterfront (1 reply)
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (2 replies)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)