The Knox Area Chamber Partnership's "Premier Partner" Randy Boyd has a particularly full schedule this week.
Today, in Nashville:
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam today announced that Randy Boyd will join his administration as special advisor to the governor for Higher Education to focus on affordability, access and quality of state programs.
Haslam promises that Boyd will "bring a business, workforce alignment perspective" to the state's higher ed institutions.
Thursday, in Powell:
Dr. Jim McIntyre, Superintendent of the Knox County Schools, will deliver his second annual “State of the Schools Address” on Thursday, January 17 at 6 p.m. at Powell High School (2136 West Emory Road). The event is open to the public.
School Board Chair Karen Carson, Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett, and Randy Boyd, Founder and CEO of Radio Systems, will join Dr. McIntyre in sharing their perspectives on public education in our community.
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (15 replies)
- Jimmy Carter: America is no longer a democracy (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (16 replies)
- USA! USA! (4 replies)
- AJ building proposals (3 replies)
- Newsroom of the Future's editor, past tense (3 replies)
- Obama unveils ‘biggest step we’ve ever taken’ on climate (2 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (15 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (10 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (49 replies)
- Why teachers can’t hotfoot it out of Kansas fast enough (1 reply)
- Buzz Aldrin's Apollo 11 travel voucher (2 replies)