City press release...
Mayor Madeline Rogero today announced the hiring of Greg Mackay as Director of Public Assembly Facilities. Mackay, former Administrator of the Knox County Election Commission and a former real estate broker, will manage operations at Chilhowee Park and the Civic Auditorium and Coliseum. He succeeds Bob Polk, who retired from the position in November.
"Greg’s strong track record as an administrator and innovator, and his background in real estate, will serve the City well in the operation of these valuable public properties," Mayor Rogero said. "He is an effective manager and a skilled communicator who has experience working with a diverse group of employees and with the public. He will bring a fresh perspective as we think about the future of our public facilities."
Mackay is a graduate of the Webb School of Knoxville and earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. He worked for 11 years as a Realtor, including a stint as managing broker for Heath Shuler Real Estate. He and his wife live with their daughter in the Kingston Hills neighborhood.
Mackay served as a Knox County Election Commissioner from 1990-98, helping to introduce and implement early voting. He was Election Commission Administrator from 2003 until 2011, running the Election Commission office and overseeing dozens of elections. Mackay has also served as an international elections observer in countries including Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Albania and Macedonia.
As Director of Public Facilities, he will oversee staff and operations at Chilhowee Park and the Civic Auditorium and Coliseum. The two facilities host more than 100 events a year, including the Tennessee Valley Fair at Chilhowee Park, performances by the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra at the Civic Auditorium, and the home games of the Knoxville Ice Bears hockey team at the Coliseum.
"Chilhowee Park and the Auditorium and Coliseum are great public assets that play a vital role in Knoxville’s civic life," Mackay said. "I am excited about working with the dedicated staff at these facilities to maintain that role and build on it for the future."
- Let's get ready to rumble! (11 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (7 replies)
- Butt probe (4 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (1 day 12 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (2 days 17 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (2 days 18 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 10 hours from now)