I've posted the results link to the last election here, primarily as an illustration of my foolishness. Silly me, I started out with the premise that Anthony Hancock would need somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 votes to win his election. I was wrong. Anthony Hancock got over 9600 votes and still did not pull 40% of the vote. What happened?
For lack of a better phrase, machine politics. Tim Burchett is Stacy Campfield who is Steve Hall who is Santa Claus who is Bill Haslam who is Jimmy Duncan etc. etc. etc.....
Republicans have a brand and it brings folks to the polls.
Why don't Democrats have a brand?
I spoke with a pro-gun guy today. We talked of the general uselessness of the AR-15 and the .223 round in general. We spoke of the obligation of a citizen to secure his weapons at all times. We spoke of the relative inefficient nature of the handgun as a means of personal defense. In other words, we found reasonable common ground under the second amendment. Reasonable. There is a brand in absolute contrast with that of the Republicans.
Why aren't we using it?
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (7 replies)
- Uber Problem (15 replies)
- Looking like a deadlock (16 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (8 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (1 day 23 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 17 min from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)