I've posted the results link to the last election here, primarily as an illustration of my foolishness. Silly me, I started out with the premise that Anthony Hancock would need somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 votes to win his election. I was wrong. Anthony Hancock got over 9600 votes and still did not pull 40% of the vote. What happened?
For lack of a better phrase, machine politics. Tim Burchett is Stacy Campfield who is Steve Hall who is Santa Claus who is Bill Haslam who is Jimmy Duncan etc. etc. etc.....
Republicans have a brand and it brings folks to the polls.
Why don't Democrats have a brand?
I spoke with a pro-gun guy today. We talked of the general uselessness of the AR-15 and the .223 round in general. We spoke of the obligation of a citizen to secure his weapons at all times. We spoke of the relative inefficient nature of the handgun as a means of personal defense. In other words, we found reasonable common ground under the second amendment. Reasonable. There is a brand in absolute contrast with that of the Republicans.
Why aren't we using it?
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (1 reply)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (69 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (23 replies)
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)
- KNS not to endorse in Presidential race (8 replies)
- Debates 3, Climate Change 0 (3 replies)
- Debate takeaway headlines (11 replies)
- Oct 23 2016 - 9:30am (6 hours 54 min ago)
- Oct 23 2016 - 2:00pm (2 hours 24 min ago)
- Oct 26 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 19 hours from now)
- Oct 29 2016 - 3:00pm (5 days 22 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2016 - 1:30pm (6 days 21 hours from now)