I've posted the results link to the last election here, primarily as an illustration of my foolishness. Silly me, I started out with the premise that Anthony Hancock would need somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 votes to win his election. I was wrong. Anthony Hancock got over 9600 votes and still did not pull 40% of the vote. What happened?
For lack of a better phrase, machine politics. Tim Burchett is Stacy Campfield who is Steve Hall who is Santa Claus who is Bill Haslam who is Jimmy Duncan etc. etc. etc.....
Republicans have a brand and it brings folks to the polls.
Why don't Democrats have a brand?
I spoke with a pro-gun guy today. We talked of the general uselessness of the AR-15 and the .223 round in general. We spoke of the obligation of a citizen to secure his weapons at all times. We spoke of the relative inefficient nature of the handgun as a means of personal defense. In other words, we found reasonable common ground under the second amendment. Reasonable. There is a brand in absolute contrast with that of the Republicans.
Why aren't we using it?
- KnoxViews exclusive: U.S. Senate candidate Gordon Ball on the issues (22 replies)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (9 replies)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (4 replies)
- Urban Outfitters, Kent State sweatshirt - what were they thinking? (6 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (36 replies)
- TN Supreme Court names new Attorney General (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (60 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (9 replies)
- Bravo to LaFollette Middle School Coach Jake Snider (1 reply)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (8 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (2 replies)
- Searching for an Online Search Guru (2 replies)
- Sep 17 2014 - 12:00pm (10 hours 27 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (6 days 16 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)