I fell asleep during the third quarter of last night's BCS Discover Taxslayer Championship Bowl Game of the Century between Alabama and Notre Dame, in which Notre Dame got schooled on SEC football.
Here were the highlights for me, up to that point:
• In the pre-game, ESPN commentator Urban Meyer referred to Alabama as "Alabummer" on live TV. I had to rewind the Tivo to make sure I heard that right.
• Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly, when asked at half-time what they had to do to get back in the game, said "Uh, maybe Alabama doesn't come back in the second half?"
• A twitter tweeter quoting Mike Tyson re. Notre Dame's game plan: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
• Another twitter tweeter who said new BSC standings would be announced at half-time to determine who Alabama would play in the second half.
• Calls for a restraining order against ESPN announcer Brent Musburger for his camera stalking and running commentary on AJ McCarron's girlfriend who also happens to be Miss Alabama. (It was reported that Katherine Webb picked up tens of thousands of new twitter followers during the game.)
- so this is it ... (3 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (6 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (5 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (32 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)
- U.S. tax cuts don't pay for themselves -Republican-appointed official says (3 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (58 replies)