I fell asleep during the third quarter of last night's BCS Discover Taxslayer Championship Bowl Game of the Century between Alabama and Notre Dame, in which Notre Dame got schooled on SEC football.
Here were the highlights for me, up to that point:
• In the pre-game, ESPN commentator Urban Meyer referred to Alabama as "Alabummer" on live TV. I had to rewind the Tivo to make sure I heard that right.
• Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly, when asked at half-time what they had to do to get back in the game, said "Uh, maybe Alabama doesn't come back in the second half?"
• A twitter tweeter quoting Mike Tyson re. Notre Dame's game plan: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
• Another twitter tweeter who said new BSC standings would be announced at half-time to determine who Alabama would play in the second half.
• Calls for a restraining order against ESPN announcer Brent Musburger for his camera stalking and running commentary on AJ McCarron's girlfriend who also happens to be Miss Alabama. (It was reported that Katherine Webb picked up tens of thousands of new twitter followers during the game.)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (3 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (4 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)
- Can we get a little humanity up in here? (12 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (33 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (5 replies)
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (11 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)
- The Master of Space and Time (1 reply)
- U.S. health insurers to pay $330 million in premium rebates (4 replies)