If we're going to arm teachers, they should be deputized and should have to obtain P.O.S.T. (Peace Officer Standards and Training) certification.
POST qualifications include a clean criminal record, background check, and psychological evaluation among other things.
Certification requires 400 hours of classroom and field training that includes 40 hours of firearms training, 10 hours of EMT training, 40 hours of personal self defense and survival training, and 50 hours of legal training, among other things. (Teachers could probably be exempt from the 40 hours of vehicle operation and pursuit training requirements.)
Maintaining certification also requires 40 hours of in-service training during each calendar year.
The fees for certification range from $3000 to $7500 depending on jurisdiction and type of applicant.
- It's official... (5 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (12 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (12 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)
- Think twice about routine dental x-rays (2 replies)
- Debbie Wasserman Shultz removed from convention chair post (82 replies)
- SoKno: Rivers Edge Apartment Homes (2 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (12 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (8 hours 10 min from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (1 day 11 hours from now)