If we're going to arm teachers, they should be deputized and should have to obtain P.O.S.T. (Peace Officer Standards and Training) certification.
POST qualifications include a clean criminal record, background check, and psychological evaluation among other things.
Certification requires 400 hours of classroom and field training that includes 40 hours of firearms training, 10 hours of EMT training, 40 hours of personal self defense and survival training, and 50 hours of legal training, among other things. (Teachers could probably be exempt from the 40 hours of vehicle operation and pursuit training requirements.)
Maintaining certification also requires 40 hours of in-service training during each calendar year.
The fees for certification range from $3000 to $7500 depending on jurisdiction and type of applicant.
- The millennial vote? (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (12 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (3 days 7 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (3 days 8 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)