The "fiscal cliff" tax deal has some interesting provisions beyond extending lower tax rates for people making less than $400K.
There are a few hidden features such as subsidies for NASCAR tracks and goodies for Wall Street. It's not all corporate welfare, though. There are also tax breaks to promote public transportation and electric bicycles.
- Shoulda got Moxley (74 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (17 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (7 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (4 replies)
- Shame on you Gov. Haslam (14 replies)
- What's the deal with switchblades? (27 replies)
- Fulton Lady Falcons win at state quarterfinals, 67-49 over Cannon County (1 reply)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (7 replies)
- RIP Bobby Drinnon (8 replies)
- U.S. Senate candidate Terry Adams blasts Alexander on veteran votes (6 replies)
- Ex SR No. 4501 Passes FRA Boiler Inspection (1 reply)
- Teacher-candidate wins Seventh District seat by default (61 replies)
- Mar 8 2014 - 6:30pm (1 day 1 hour from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)