Jack Lail has some interesting discussion about beat reporting and particularly "local news" as newspapers struggle to reinvent themselves.
One interesting but not necessarily surprising assertion is that most people just don't care about local news. But maybe that's because of how it's produced. As Jack says, "'Lively,' 'readable,' 'engaging,' 'insightful' are not words you will hear describing most newspapers, much less 'must read.'"
Anyway, see Jack Lail's post at the above link and follow his links for more insights.
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (12 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)
- Think twice about routine dental x-rays (2 replies)
- Debbie Wasserman Shultz removed from convention chair post (82 replies)
- SoKno: Rivers Edge Apartment Homes (2 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (2 hours 28 min from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (1 day 5 hours from now)