Several reports of shots fired at an elementary school in Newtown CT. Details sketchy, reports of two dead, including the shooter and the school principal. Reports also say children may have been wounded. Police will hold a press conference at 1PM. The photos at the above link are heartbreaking and infuriating at the same time.
UPDATE: CNN has unconfirmed reports that 10 children and nine adults were killed. "Hundred or more shots fired..."
UPDATE: MSNBC reporting 26 dead, including 18 children.
UPDATE: Press conference underway. Governor meeting with families. No confirmation re. number of victims. Shooter dead at the scene. Search warrants being executed at various locations related to the killer.
UPDATE: Unconfirmed report that shooter's mother, a teacher, was found dead. First reported at a residence, then at the school, then at a residence again.
UPDATE: Police confirm 20 children and six adults killed, plus unidentified adult at a nearby residence, and the shooter at the scene.
UPDATE: Unconfirmed reports that shooter carried two 9mm semi-automatic handguns and had an assault rifle (a .223 Bushmaster, similar to what the Maryland snipers used)
in his car, all recovered at the scene.
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (7 replies)
- Uber Problem (15 replies)
- Looking like a deadlock (16 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (8 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (1 day 23 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 27 min from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)