Several reports of shots fired at an elementary school in Newtown CT. Details sketchy, reports of two dead, including the shooter and the school principal. Reports also say children may have been wounded. Police will hold a press conference at 1PM. The photos at the above link are heartbreaking and infuriating at the same time.
UPDATE: CNN has unconfirmed reports that 10 children and nine adults were killed. "Hundred or more shots fired..."
UPDATE: MSNBC reporting 26 dead, including 18 children.
UPDATE: Press conference underway. Governor meeting with families. No confirmation re. number of victims. Shooter dead at the scene. Search warrants being executed at various locations related to the killer.
UPDATE: Unconfirmed report that shooter's mother, a teacher, was found dead. First reported at a residence, then at the school, then at a residence again.
UPDATE: Police confirm 20 children and six adults killed, plus unidentified adult at a nearby residence, and the shooter at the scene.
UPDATE: Unconfirmed reports that shooter carried two 9mm semi-automatic handguns and had an assault rifle (a .223 Bushmaster, similar to what the Maryland snipers used)
in his car, all recovered at the scene.
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (3 replies)
- DTV Features Honor Air Knoxville and Eddie Mannis (1 reply)
- Haslam's legacy (18 replies)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (18 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Takata Air Bag Recall grows (5 replies)
- TN senators question TVA on renewable energy (8 replies)
- James White Parkway (4 replies)
- America's fittest cities ... (2 replies)
- May 22 2015 - 6:00pm (5 hours 50 min from now)
- May 22 2015 - 7:30pm (7 hours 20 min from now)
- May 26 2015 - 5:30pm (4 days 5 hours from now)
- May 27 2015 - 5:30pm (5 days 5 hours from now)