How do the poor, disabled, and elderly prepare for the unknown disaster that may be in the future?
Instapundit says, "People, I don't care where you live, you should have a week's food and water, some other disaster supplies, and a plan for where to go if you have to leave your home."
You barely have enough money to get by day to day, much less purchase a week's worth of supplies not to be used for who knows how long.
Where do you store this week's supply of food, water, etc.?
What do the poor, disabled, and elderly do in times of a disaster such as Hurricane Katrina?
Don't have a car. Can't afford a bus, train, airplane ticket. Neighbors don't have room in their car.
(Can't walk, they have guns preventing bridge crossings.)
How do you haul this week's supply of food, water, etc. when you are evacuating?
My wagon's not big enough and even if it was it's to heavy to haul and even if it wasn't they won't let me cross the bridge.
What's the plan Hal?
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (78 replies)
- Via TREE - The Latest on Voucher Bill (6 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (309 replies)
- Fresenius Medical Care Invests $140 Million To Locate Manufacturing Facility In Knoxville (1 reply)
- Baptist Hospital demolition underway (5 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (11 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (3 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (31 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Mar 19 2014 - 12:00pm (1 week 14 hours from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)