Florida East Coast Industries, a Coral Gables-based railroad and real estate company, is planning on bringing a new passenger rail service to Florida. The cost? $1 billion. The company says they can do it without any public subsidy.
Their plan is to provide a 16-19 trains a day to/from Miami/Orlando. A one way trip from Miami to Orlando will be about $100 and take about 3 hours. Construction is begin in 2013 and service available in 2015.
- The banality of evil (10 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (37 replies)
- NYT Calls for prosecution of Cheney et al for torture in today's editorial (1 reply)
- DG tissues: what you see (3 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (4 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (19 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (6 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (2 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (52 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (42 replies)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)