Florida East Coast Industries, a Coral Gables-based railroad and real estate company, is planning on bringing a new passenger rail service to Florida. The cost? $1 billion. The company says they can do it without any public subsidy.
Their plan is to provide a 16-19 trains a day to/from Miami/Orlando. A one way trip from Miami to Orlando will be about $100 and take about 3 hours. Construction is begin in 2013 and service available in 2015.
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (6 replies)
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (13 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (9 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (11 replies)
- Judge Orders Recount on Amendment 1 Vote (5 replies)
- TDOT shares plan for widening Chapman (12 replies)
- RIP Prince (9 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (22 replies)