Florida East Coast Industries, a Coral Gables-based railroad and real estate company, is planning on bringing a new passenger rail service to Florida. The cost? $1 billion. The company says they can do it without any public subsidy.
Their plan is to provide a 16-19 trains a day to/from Miami/Orlando. A one way trip from Miami to Orlando will be about $100 and take about 3 hours. Construction is begin in 2013 and service available in 2015.
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (56 replies)
- SACE files formal NRC complaint seeking to halt restart of unsafe FL nuke (1 reply)
- Too poor for Obamacare in Tennessee (2 replies)
- Via TREE - The Latest on Voucher Bill (2 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (31 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (308 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (2 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (10 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 weeks 9 hours from now)