Florida East Coast Industries, a Coral Gables-based railroad and real estate company, is planning on bringing a new passenger rail service to Florida. The cost? $1 billion. The company says they can do it without any public subsidy.
Their plan is to provide a 16-19 trains a day to/from Miami/Orlando. A one way trip from Miami to Orlando will be about $100 and take about 3 hours. Construction is begin in 2013 and service available in 2015.
- Trump's gonna win (2 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (9 replies)
- streetcar map (4 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (7 replies)
- RIP Pat Summitt (19 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (41 replies)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)