Florida East Coast Industries, a Coral Gables-based railroad and real estate company, is planning on bringing a new passenger rail service to Florida. The cost? $1 billion. The company says they can do it without any public subsidy.
Their plan is to provide a 16-19 trains a day to/from Miami/Orlando. A one way trip from Miami to Orlando will be about $100 and take about 3 hours. Construction is begin in 2013 and service available in 2015.
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (7 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (22 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (20 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (1 reply)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (18 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)