The Knoxville Urban Wilderness Arts & Trade District has issued a statement and a petition asking TDOT to consider an "Option 5" for the JWP extension project:
Consider our proposal for a Fifth Option that is a No-Build Alternative AND includes reviewing traffic engineering methods to improve safety and flow along Chapman Highway. This will avoid the adverse social, economic, and environmental impacts associated with the build alternatives and also address the need to improve highway flow and safety of Chapman Highway.
Go here to read the whereases and whyfors and sign the petition if you are so inclined.
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (3 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part I (1 reply)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (70 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)