The Knoxville Urban Wilderness Arts & Trade District has issued a statement and a petition asking TDOT to consider an "Option 5" for the JWP extension project:
Consider our proposal for a Fifth Option that is a No-Build Alternative AND includes reviewing traffic engineering methods to improve safety and flow along Chapman Highway. This will avoid the adverse social, economic, and environmental impacts associated with the build alternatives and also address the need to improve highway flow and safety of Chapman Highway.
Go here to read the whereases and whyfors and sign the petition if you are so inclined.
- More details emerge re. Haslam's outsourcing plans (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (7 replies)
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (6 replies)
- DNC rolls back Obama ban on contributions from federal lobbyists (6 replies)
- Delegate counts (17 replies)
- Sorry, you'll need a note from your wife for that (2 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (4 replies)
- Nate Silver forecasts 50/50 chance that either Dem wins in Nevada (6 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (7 replies)
- Pilot update (20 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (22 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)