The Knoxville Urban Wilderness Arts & Trade District has issued a statement and a petition asking TDOT to consider an "Option 5" for the JWP extension project:
Consider our proposal for a Fifth Option that is a No-Build Alternative AND includes reviewing traffic engineering methods to improve safety and flow along Chapman Highway. This will avoid the adverse social, economic, and environmental impacts associated with the build alternatives and also address the need to improve highway flow and safety of Chapman Highway.
Go here to read the whereases and whyfors and sign the petition if you are so inclined.
- Hollywood Stories (1 reply)
- Knox County educators to host roundtable discussion on teacher pay schedules (11 replies)
- You know you're getting old... (10 replies)
- World's Fair Park development? (21 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (261 replies)
- County Commissioner Brad Anders disciplined in police brutality case (166 replies)
- Pilot indictment watch (97 replies)
- Weber grills keep on grillin' (1 reply)
- Spending good money for a really bad website (1 reply)
- Waiting for the Fed (1 reply)
- Tennessee and Fiat (3 replies)
- How bad is the job market in Tennessee? (8 replies)