The Knoxville Urban Wilderness Arts & Trade District has issued a statement and a petition asking TDOT to consider an "Option 5" for the JWP extension project:
Consider our proposal for a Fifth Option that is a No-Build Alternative AND includes reviewing traffic engineering methods to improve safety and flow along Chapman Highway. This will avoid the adverse social, economic, and environmental impacts associated with the build alternatives and also address the need to improve highway flow and safety of Chapman Highway.
Go here to read the whereases and whyfors and sign the petition if you are so inclined.
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (17 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (36 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (1 reply)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (28 replies)
- ISIS (40 replies)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (3 replies)
- Episcopal Church approves liturgy for blessing same-gender unions (4 replies)
- Unemployment up in Tennessee (9 replies)
- Why can't the US make erasers? (10 replies)