The Knoxville Urban Wilderness Arts & Trade District has issued a statement and a petition asking TDOT to consider an "Option 5" for the JWP extension project:
Consider our proposal for a Fifth Option that is a No-Build Alternative AND includes reviewing traffic engineering methods to improve safety and flow along Chapman Highway. This will avoid the adverse social, economic, and environmental impacts associated with the build alternatives and also address the need to improve highway flow and safety of Chapman Highway.
Go here to read the whereases and whyfors and sign the petition if you are so inclined.
- FIX THIS NOW (7 replies)
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (12 replies)
- Attn: Ted Cruz (1 reply)
- Guns in parks passes Senate (10 replies)
- Next month: Massive support as TN joins three other states in SCOTUS challenge to gay marriage bans (2 replies)
- Insure Tennessee killed. Again. (16 replies)
- Scripps out of the newspaper business as of today (1 reply)
- Electioneering Time! (Or April Fool's prank?) (9 replies)
- Tonight! Iron Jawed Angels (2 replies)
- Stambaugh family displaced by home fire (5 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (6 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)