Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- Debbie Wasserman Shultz removed from convention chair post (53 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (3 replies)
- Clinton picks Kaine (12 replies)
- Bernie's Statement to His Supporters on His Endorsement of Hillary (13 replies)
- Analysts say Trump's economic plan would be a disaster (1 reply)
- Clinton responds to Trump convention speech (2 replies)
- WikiLeaks releases 20K DNC e-mails. (3 replies)
- Who will Clinton pick as VP? (38 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (364 replies)
- Mark Harmon: Thanks, Obama. No, really, thanks (5 replies)
- Hotter than a $2 pistol (7 replies)
- While waiting for November, don't forget there are local elections going on (6 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 7 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (3 days 10 hours from now)