Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (36 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (50 replies)
- Jobless Rate Hits Nine-Year Low; 178,000 Jobs Added (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (85 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (41 replies)
- RIP John Glenn (1 reply)
- Mountaintop removal coal mining banned in East TN (5 replies)
- This is the dumbest thing I've seen all week (1 reply)
- National Weather Service facing major cutbacks (3 replies)
- 2016 Harvest Of Souls Continues (3 replies)
- City to begin enforcing parking meter time limits (22 replies)
- Feeling old, again (12 replies)