Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (16 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (89 replies)
- Today's school board work session (5 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (5 replies)
- New law means property tax increase for seniors and disabled veterans (2 replies)
- Rally for teachers (8 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (44 replies)
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules same sex marriage bans unconstitutional (46 replies)
- BREAKING: Supreme Court decision on Obamacare exchanges: subsidies intact (18 replies)
- Bobby Jindal: ‘Let’s just get rid of the court’ (6 replies)
- 1000 teachers resign from Charlotte-Mecklenberg Schools (4 replies)
- GOP: Confederate flag OK if you vote for us (35 replies)