Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (7 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (2 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (29 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (2 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (34 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (13 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (10 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)
- Shoulda got Moxley (92 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)