Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (11 replies)
- Looking like a deadlock (20 replies)
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (8 replies)
- Uber Problem (17 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (8 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (1 day 19 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 19 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 20 hours from now)