Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (289 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (10 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (14 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- International Baccalaureate (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (16 replies)
- Haslam leaves Knox County out of Pre-K expansion (12 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 5 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 5 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (6 days 6 hours from now)