Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (8 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (3 replies)
- Briggs (186 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (3 replies)
- KNS running more misleading ads (2 replies)
- Education Meeting Tuesday at Central High School (4 replies)
- R.I.P. James Garner (5 replies)
- This Map Shows Just How Hot Your City Will Become Thanks to Climate Change (6 replies)
- Comcast customer "service" fail (16 replies)
- I did not know this about U.S. Senate campaign finance reports (2 replies)
- Campaign finance sampling (28 replies)
- Why most employers aren’t like Starbucks and Costco (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 12 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (4 days 3 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (1 week 4 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 12 hours from now)