Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- County Commissioner Brad Anders disciplined in police brutality case (162 replies)
- Knox County educators to host roundtable discussion on teacher pay schedules (8 replies)
- Pilot indictment watch (94 replies)
- WATE: Three more Pilot Flying J employees plead guilty (7 replies)
- Famous people you have met (79 replies)
- World's Fair Park development? (15 replies)
- With us or against us (4 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (257 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- How bad is the job market in Tennessee? (5 replies)
- Wheels coming off Meals on Wheels (3 replies)
- Pandora et al (2 replies)
- Jun 19 2013 - 2:00pm (2 hours 35 min from now)
- Jun 20 2013 - 5:00pm (1 day 5 hours from now)
- Jun 22 2013 - 10:00am (2 days 22 hours from now)