Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (6 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (10 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (5 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (2 replies)
- Knox Co. suing Mike Lowe? (1 reply)
- Snowing here (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (8 replies)
- Josh Flory leaving KNS (12 replies)
- Obama wants community college to be free (68 replies)
- KNS Friday liberal column changeup (5 replies)
- Bonnaroo lineup announced (27 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (20 replies)
- Jan 27 2015 - 5:30pm (5 hours 34 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:00pm (6 hours 4 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:15pm (6 hours 19 min from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)