Earlier, the KNS had a big headline on the front page of their website saying U.T. has made an offer to Jon Gruden. The story is basically a link to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, whose web server is crashing at the moment, no doubt from Volunteer fans swarming the site.
Quoting "sources close to the process," the Times Free Press high school football reporter says Gruden has a contract in hand and that the only obstacle is more money for staff.
Meanwhile, U.T. Football reporters at the News Sentinel are reduced to rewriting the Times Free Press article for their own take, which has now replaced the link to the Chattanooga paper on the website's front page.
UPDATE: Various online media sources now reporting that Gruden turned down U.T.'s offer, if in fact there even was one.
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (19 replies)
- Infrastructure grades (5 replies)
- Welcome, Andi! (1 reply)
- Dark money comes to school board races. The source? Charter school advocates (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (31 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (63 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (5 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (6 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 16 2016 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)