The University of Tennessee announced today that Derek Dooley will not return as the head football coach of the Vols. The announcement was made by Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Dave Hart, who will immediately begin a search for a new head coach for the Vols.
Dooley will not coach the Vols in the season finale against Kentucky on Saturday, Nov. 24 at 12:21 p.m. Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney will serve as interim head coach for Saturday's game.
"I am sorry we could not generate enough wins to create hope for a brighter future," said Dooley. "Although progress was not reflected in our record, I am proud of the strides we made to strengthen the foundation for future success in all areas of the program.
"During the last 34 months, I've given my all for Tennessee, and our family appreciates all this University and the Knoxville community has given us."
Press conference at 2PM.
- Sears reports loss (2 replies)
- Leon Russell at the Shed (updated) (7 replies)
- We Did It Again (2 replies)
- California reveals prices for health insurance under Obamacare (2 replies)
- Blount County road rage incident involving handgun carry permit holder? (8 replies)
- Two killed, two wounded in Bean Station pharmacy robbery (1 reply)
- Obligatory Memorial Day water safety (re)post (1 reply)
- Hey, did you hear about the Titanic fiddle? (6 replies)
- Reporter laments lack of public participation in city budget hearings (5 replies)
- Tragic news from Oklahoma (13 replies)
- Playing the Game (2 replies)
- Charles Ramsey gets burgers for life (3 replies)