By: R. Neal  shortURL
Republicans argue over gun rights that aren't being threatened, tax hikes that aren't being proposed, and education funding that is disappearing before our eyes. Let's invite Tennesseans to our side of history while Republicans continue living inside their own delusions. We have dreams of a free and public education that is fully funded and supported. We require that responsible legislators are open to compromise and not the inflexibility mandated by tax pledges and silly demands from lobbyists. And we believe that every working woman and man deserves a decent wage, the right to organize, and the freedom to get ahead in this economy.
Wade has thrown his hat in the ring for the TNDP chair. Follow the link for the rest of his announcement.
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (17 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (8 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (15 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)