When asked about the James White Parkway extension project this morning, Mayor Madeline Rogero's office responded:
"The mayor supports Vice-Mayor Pavlis' statement on the project. We certainly encourage everyone interested to come out for the TDOT hearing on the Environmental Impact Statement."
Vice-Mayor Nick Pavlis, City Council member representing the First District in South Knoxville, released a statement (full text here) saying "this is a very politically charged issue because there is strong sentiment on both sides, but I cannot support TDOT's plan to proceed," citing several reasons including investments in the South Knoxville Urban Wilderness projects and the impact on Chapman Highway merchants.
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (9 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (10 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (8 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (17 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (1 reply)
- Iindependent Lens file: A Path Appears (2 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (26 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (5 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (2 replies)
- Knox Co. suing Mike Lowe? (1 reply)