When asked about the James White Parkway extension project this morning, Mayor Madeline Rogero's office responded:
"The mayor supports Vice-Mayor Pavlis' statement on the project. We certainly encourage everyone interested to come out for the TDOT hearing on the Environmental Impact Statement."
Vice-Mayor Nick Pavlis, City Council member representing the First District in South Knoxville, released a statement (full text here) saying "this is a very politically charged issue because there is strong sentiment on both sides, but I cannot support TDOT's plan to proceed," citing several reasons including investments in the South Knoxville Urban Wilderness projects and the impact on Chapman Highway merchants.
- Possible News Sentinel campaign coverage conflict of interest? (3 replies)
- RIP Pat Summitt (18 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (41 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (5 replies)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)
- The New American Death: Overdoses and Accidents (1 reply)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (4 replies)