When asked about the James White Parkway extension project this morning, Mayor Madeline Rogero's office responded:
"The mayor supports Vice-Mayor Pavlis' statement on the project. We certainly encourage everyone interested to come out for the TDOT hearing on the Environmental Impact Statement."
Vice-Mayor Nick Pavlis, City Council member representing the First District in South Knoxville, released a statement (full text here) saying "this is a very politically charged issue because there is strong sentiment on both sides, but I cannot support TDOT's plan to proceed," citing several reasons including investments in the South Knoxville Urban Wilderness projects and the impact on Chapman Highway merchants.
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (14 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (13 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (11 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (8 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (7 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (1 reply)
- Open letter to spammers (9 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)