State Senator Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown) filed a constitutional amendment yesterday to permanently ban an income tax in Tennessee. The "No State Income Tax Amendment," or Senate Joint Resolution 1, would allow Tennesseans to vote in 2014 to clarify the state constitutional prohibition on a personal income tax.
"Tennessee voters overwhelmingly elected state legislators Tuesday who oppose an income tax," said Sen. Kelsey.
- World's Fair Park development? (7 replies)
- Tragic news from Oklahoma (12 replies)
- Playing the Game (1 reply)
- The Taylor Swift Justin Bieber Awards (4 replies)
- TBI accuses non-profit of lying, WSMV of shoddy journalism for repeating it (2 replies)
- Haslam goes off on the media (6 replies)
- Memphis Grizzlies - First time in the NBA Final Four (2 replies)
- Solar disruption (4 replies)
- A game to play on a rainy day (4 replies)
- We Did It Again (1 reply)
- Interruptions make us dumber? (3 replies)
- Food supply under assault as climate heats up (48 replies)