State Senator Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown) filed a constitutional amendment yesterday to permanently ban an income tax in Tennessee. The "No State Income Tax Amendment," or Senate Joint Resolution 1, would allow Tennesseans to vote in 2014 to clarify the state constitutional prohibition on a personal income tax.
"Tennessee voters overwhelmingly elected state legislators Tuesday who oppose an income tax," said Sen. Kelsey.
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (1 reply)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (5 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (24 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)
- Think twice about routine dental x-rays (2 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (7 hours 3 min ago)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (19 hours 56 min from now)