State Senator Brian Kelsey (R-Germantown) filed a constitutional amendment yesterday to permanently ban an income tax in Tennessee. The "No State Income Tax Amendment," or Senate Joint Resolution 1, would allow Tennesseans to vote in 2014 to clarify the state constitutional prohibition on a personal income tax.
"Tennessee voters overwhelmingly elected state legislators Tuesday who oppose an income tax," said Sen. Kelsey.
- Will Trump last four years? (57 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (43 replies)
- Did that just happen? (181 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (3 replies)
- RIP John Glenn (2 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (36 replies)
- Jobless Rate Hits Nine-Year Low; 178,000 Jobs Added (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (85 replies)
- Mountaintop removal coal mining banned in East TN (5 replies)
- This is the dumbest thing I've seen all week (1 reply)
- National Weather Service facing major cutbacks (3 replies)
- 2016 Harvest Of Souls Continues (3 replies)