As most of you know, I've been in touch with all my relatives living in Sandy's path, especially the mid-Hudson Valley of NY, except my mom.
Well, glory be! I finally was able to get in touch with her, just a little while ago. She's still without power, so very cold. But, she's okay. Not much damage to her house, either, which is a good thing.
She wasn't' able to go out, because she couldn't get the garage door open, but a neighbor stopped by with his kids last night for trick or treating and asked if he could help her in any way, so he opened her garage door and she's parking in the driveway for the remainder of her time without power.
Power, for her, could take another week before it's turned on. She's stubborn and won't go to a motel, even just for one night, to get warm.
She said the gas lines are horrendous, so didn't even try to top off her car's gas tank. It was too cold to sit and wait for her. And the one store she did get to today didn't have any water.
Hopefully, power will be on sooner than later.
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)