As most of you know, I've been in touch with all my relatives living in Sandy's path, especially the mid-Hudson Valley of NY, except my mom.
Well, glory be! I finally was able to get in touch with her, just a little while ago. She's still without power, so very cold. But, she's okay. Not much damage to her house, either, which is a good thing.
She wasn't' able to go out, because she couldn't get the garage door open, but a neighbor stopped by with his kids last night for trick or treating and asked if he could help her in any way, so he opened her garage door and she's parking in the driveway for the remainder of her time without power.
Power, for her, could take another week before it's turned on. She's stubborn and won't go to a motel, even just for one night, to get warm.
She said the gas lines are horrendous, so didn't even try to top off her car's gas tank. It was too cold to sit and wait for her. And the one store she did get to today didn't have any water.
Hopefully, power will be on sooner than later.
- You can tell it's summer (19 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (2 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (15 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (2 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)
- Democrats staging sit-in on House floor (42 replies)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (3 replies)
- "Make America White Again" (4 replies)
- DOJ: 301 defendants charged in $900 million Medicare/Medicaid fraud bust (2 replies)
- City Council workshop on payday lending zoning ordinance (1 reply)