As most of you know, I've been in touch with all my relatives living in Sandy's path, especially the mid-Hudson Valley of NY, except my mom.
Well, glory be! I finally was able to get in touch with her, just a little while ago. She's still without power, so very cold. But, she's okay. Not much damage to her house, either, which is a good thing.
She wasn't' able to go out, because she couldn't get the garage door open, but a neighbor stopped by with his kids last night for trick or treating and asked if he could help her in any way, so he opened her garage door and she's parking in the driveway for the remainder of her time without power.
Power, for her, could take another week before it's turned on. She's stubborn and won't go to a motel, even just for one night, to get warm.
She said the gas lines are horrendous, so didn't even try to top off her car's gas tank. It was too cold to sit and wait for her. And the one store she did get to today didn't have any water.
Hopefully, power will be on sooner than later.
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (30 replies)
- Buoyed By Anti-Trump Activism, Democrat Wins Delaware Special Election (1 reply)
- Former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to run for governor of Tennessee (1 reply)
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (16 hours 16 min from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (5 days 8 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 14 2017 - 7:30pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)