A pro-life, family-values congressman who worked as a doctor before winning election as a Tea Party-backed Republican had an affair with a patient and later pressured her to get an abortion, according to a phone call transcript obtained by The Huffington Post.
The congressman, Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, was trying to save his marriage at the time, according to his remarks on the call, made in September of 2000. And, according to three independent sources familiar with the call and the recording, he made the tape himself.
UPDATE: Democratic Congressional candidate Eric Stewart suggested Republican incumbent U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais is a pro-life hypocrite during a 2:30 p.m. press conference today.
- Foothills Fall Festival will be the last (3 replies)
- McIntyre's mojo (1 reply)
- Lamar worried about Ball? (4 replies)
- Term limits for school board members? (3 replies)
- Retro (2 replies)
- Randy Tyree joins Knox Co. Sheriff's office (6 replies)
- Climate report to UN (5 replies)
- Feds put Tennessee on notice regarding Medicaid applications (8 replies)
- Microsoft ending Windows 7 support (2 replies)
- Front Page Follies (11 replies)
- Stolen 7/7/14 Very Rare 1975 BMW 2002 Bauer Edition from Downtown Knoxville, Tn (6 replies)
- Who is George Underwood, Candidate for General Sessions Court? (5 replies)
- Jul 11 2014 - 5:00pm (23 hours 5 min from now)
- Jul 16 2014 - 12:00pm (5 days 18 hours from now)
- Jul 21 2014 - 6:30pm (1 week 4 days from now)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (2 weeks 5 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)