A pro-life, family-values congressman who worked as a doctor before winning election as a Tea Party-backed Republican had an affair with a patient and later pressured her to get an abortion, according to a phone call transcript obtained by The Huffington Post.
The congressman, Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, was trying to save his marriage at the time, according to his remarks on the call, made in September of 2000. And, according to three independent sources familiar with the call and the recording, he made the tape himself.
UPDATE: Democratic Congressional candidate Eric Stewart suggested Republican incumbent U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais is a pro-life hypocrite during a 2:30 p.m. press conference today.
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (17 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (13 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (20 hours 57 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (2 days 1 hour from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 6 days from now)