UPDATE: In response to a follow up request on 10/8, Knox Co. Administrator of Elections Cliff Rodgers replied:
Last week, I had a long, pleasant telephone conversation with Sarah Caldwell about the issues mentioned in her mother’s blog post. Any and all issues between Sarah and our office have been resolved.
Original post continues...
She called Knoxville’s Election Commission office to explain her dilemma and learn the options that exist for an out-of-state TN college student. Instead of advice or suggestions, she was told that TN will be red no matter what and her vote wouldn't matter.
UPDATE: Knox Co. Administrator of Elections reaches out to Cathy McCaughan via email:
This morning I saw your blog post on Randy Neal's blog. I have made the staff and all part-time workers aware of your daughter’s complaint and would like to speak with your daughter about her telephone conversation with this office and to gather more information.
If possible, please have her contact me at 865-215-2483. Or, if she prefers, I’d be glad to call her instead. If so, please send me her contact information. Thanks in advance.
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (11 replies)
- McMillan elected School Board Chair (1 reply)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (3 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (29 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (17 hours 36 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 17 hours from now)