UPDATE: In response to a follow up request on 10/8, Knox Co. Administrator of Elections Cliff Rodgers replied:
Last week, I had a long, pleasant telephone conversation with Sarah Caldwell about the issues mentioned in her mother’s blog post. Any and all issues between Sarah and our office have been resolved.
Original post continues...
She called Knoxville’s Election Commission office to explain her dilemma and learn the options that exist for an out-of-state TN college student. Instead of advice or suggestions, she was told that TN will be red no matter what and her vote wouldn't matter.
UPDATE: Knox Co. Administrator of Elections reaches out to Cathy McCaughan via email:
This morning I saw your blog post on Randy Neal's blog. I have made the staff and all part-time workers aware of your daughter’s complaint and would like to speak with your daughter about her telephone conversation with this office and to gather more information.
If possible, please have her contact me at 865-215-2483. Or, if she prefers, I’d be glad to call her instead. If so, please send me her contact information. Thanks in advance.
- For You and Me (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (40 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (16 replies)
- 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 today (2 replies)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)