UPDATE: In response to a follow up request on 10/8, Knox Co. Administrator of Elections Cliff Rodgers replied:
Last week, I had a long, pleasant telephone conversation with Sarah Caldwell about the issues mentioned in her mother’s blog post. Any and all issues between Sarah and our office have been resolved.
Original post continues...
She called Knoxville’s Election Commission office to explain her dilemma and learn the options that exist for an out-of-state TN college student. Instead of advice or suggestions, she was told that TN will be red no matter what and her vote wouldn't matter.
UPDATE: Knox Co. Administrator of Elections reaches out to Cathy McCaughan via email:
This morning I saw your blog post on Randy Neal's blog. I have made the staff and all part-time workers aware of your daughter’s complaint and would like to speak with your daughter about her telephone conversation with this office and to gather more information.
If possible, please have her contact me at 865-215-2483. Or, if she prefers, I’d be glad to call her instead. If so, please send me her contact information. Thanks in advance.
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (4 replies)
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (5 replies)
- Big Ears is here (32 replies)
- Senate passes vouchers, House passes guns in parks (11 replies)
- Being Poor Affects Kids' Brains, Study Finds (13 replies)
- This should be interesting (5 replies)
- KCS Middle School Analysis now available for public review (7 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (20 replies)
- Sunrises? (6 replies)
- "Lady Vols" in the NCAA Tournament (11 replies)
- Headline fail (18 replies)