UPDATE: In response to a follow up request on 10/8, Knox Co. Administrator of Elections Cliff Rodgers replied:
Last week, I had a long, pleasant telephone conversation with Sarah Caldwell about the issues mentioned in her mother’s blog post. Any and all issues between Sarah and our office have been resolved.
Original post continues...
She called Knoxville’s Election Commission office to explain her dilemma and learn the options that exist for an out-of-state TN college student. Instead of advice or suggestions, she was told that TN will be red no matter what and her vote wouldn't matter.
UPDATE: Knox Co. Administrator of Elections reaches out to Cathy McCaughan via email:
This morning I saw your blog post on Randy Neal's blog. I have made the staff and all part-time workers aware of your daughter’s complaint and would like to speak with your daughter about her telephone conversation with this office and to gather more information.
If possible, please have her contact me at 865-215-2483. Or, if she prefers, I’d be glad to call her instead. If so, please send me her contact information. Thanks in advance.
- Surprise, surprise! (44 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (1 reply)
- Remedial civics needed in J-school? (2 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (65 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (17 replies)
- ISIS (82 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (3 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (4 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (20 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (30 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (3 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (18 replies)