As a follow up to some comments in another discussion, we asked DeRoyal President and COO Bill Pittman to comment on rumors of layoffs related to the medical device excise tax implemented by the health care reform bill. Here's the response we received by way of DeRoyal's VP of HR:
"The medical device tax constitutes the largest cost increase DeRoyal has experienced in its 40-year history. We are working to mitigate this impact in a number of ways from both a revenue and cost perspective. Even in the face of this challenge we are doing everything within our power to preserve US jobs in this incredibly difficult economic environment."
Bill Pittman, President & COO
DeRoyal Industries, based in Powell, is a manufacturer and worldwide distributor of health care equipment and products. DeRoyal has over 2000 employees in 26 states and five countries, with approx. 300 employees locally.
- The 16 Best Places to Live in the U.S.: 2015 (8 replies)
- Trump's celebrity endorsers (2 replies)
- New York Times on Zaevion Dobson murder (3 replies)
- Cruz drops out (3 replies)
- Notice something? (1 reply)
- Trump, Sanders win Indiana (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (31 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (11 replies)
- Peak Republican indeed (4 replies)
- Haslam allows guns on college campuses (7 replies)
- GOP primary dials crazy up to 11 (6 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (19 replies)