As a follow up to some comments in another discussion, we asked DeRoyal President and COO Bill Pittman to comment on rumors of layoffs related to the medical device excise tax implemented by the health care reform bill. Here's the response we received by way of DeRoyal's VP of HR:
"The medical device tax constitutes the largest cost increase DeRoyal has experienced in its 40-year history. We are working to mitigate this impact in a number of ways from both a revenue and cost perspective. Even in the face of this challenge we are doing everything within our power to preserve US jobs in this incredibly difficult economic environment."
Bill Pittman, President & COO
DeRoyal Industries, based in Powell, is a manufacturer and worldwide distributor of health care equipment and products. DeRoyal has over 2000 employees in 26 states and five countries, with approx. 300 employees locally.
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (5 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (7 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (6 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)
- Can we get a little humanity up in here? (12 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (33 replies)
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (11 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)
- The Master of Space and Time (1 reply)