As a follow up to some comments in another discussion, we asked DeRoyal President and COO Bill Pittman to comment on rumors of layoffs related to the medical device excise tax implemented by the health care reform bill. Here's the response we received by way of DeRoyal's VP of HR:
"The medical device tax constitutes the largest cost increase DeRoyal has experienced in its 40-year history. We are working to mitigate this impact in a number of ways from both a revenue and cost perspective. Even in the face of this challenge we are doing everything within our power to preserve US jobs in this incredibly difficult economic environment."
Bill Pittman, President & COO
DeRoyal Industries, based in Powell, is a manufacturer and worldwide distributor of health care equipment and products. DeRoyal has over 2000 employees in 26 states and five countries, with approx. 300 employees locally.
- Vacation snapshots (2 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (1 reply)
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)
- What are Democrats fighting about? (23 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)
- Knoxville mayor appoints three new MPC members (7 replies)