As a follow up to some comments in another discussion, we asked DeRoyal President and COO Bill Pittman to comment on rumors of layoffs related to the medical device excise tax implemented by the health care reform bill. Here's the response we received by way of DeRoyal's VP of HR:
"The medical device tax constitutes the largest cost increase DeRoyal has experienced in its 40-year history. We are working to mitigate this impact in a number of ways from both a revenue and cost perspective. Even in the face of this challenge we are doing everything within our power to preserve US jobs in this incredibly difficult economic environment."
Bill Pittman, President & COO
DeRoyal Industries, based in Powell, is a manufacturer and worldwide distributor of health care equipment and products. DeRoyal has over 2000 employees in 26 states and five countries, with approx. 300 employees locally.
- State fee to ride your bicycle on the South Loop Urban Wilderness Trail? (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- A couple of looks at sexual assault (5 replies)
- Samantha Manning no longer with WATE (5 replies)
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (9 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (10 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (8 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (17 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (1 reply)
- Iindependent Lens file: A Path Appears (2 replies)