To celebrate the release of the National Education Policy Center's Bunkum Awards for 2011, P.L. Thomas gives us an update on the continuing tragedy that is the National Council on Teacher Quality that only affirms the growing belief among many that the days are numbered for the majority of Colleges of Education as well as affirming my own decision to broaden/transition my work and research to other fields. However, it was this little gem of an article at Ed Week that really made my day...
Two researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have created a robotic teacher that can gauge students' level of attention and use some of the same techniques as human teachers to bring it back, according to the United Kingdom-based New Scientist. The researchers, Bilge Mutlu and Dan Szafir, have been testing whether a robot teacher could help boost how much students retain from lessons.
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (40 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (31 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (308 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (2 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (10 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 weeks 19 hours from now)