To celebrate the release of the National Education Policy Center's Bunkum Awards for 2011, P.L. Thomas gives us an update on the continuing tragedy that is the National Council on Teacher Quality that only affirms the growing belief among many that the days are numbered for the majority of Colleges of Education as well as affirming my own decision to broaden/transition my work and research to other fields. However, it was this little gem of an article at Ed Week that really made my day...
Two researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have created a robotic teacher that can gauge students' level of attention and use some of the same techniques as human teachers to bring it back, according to the United Kingdom-based New Scientist. The researchers, Bilge Mutlu and Dan Szafir, have been testing whether a robot teacher could help boost how much students retain from lessons.
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (13 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (9 replies)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)
- Think twice about routine dental x-rays (2 replies)
- Debbie Wasserman Shultz removed from convention chair post (82 replies)
- SoKno: Rivers Edge Apartment Homes (2 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (12 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (5 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (49 replies)
- Clinton picks Kaine (12 replies)
- Bernie's Statement to His Supporters on His Endorsement of Hillary (13 replies)
- Analysts say Trump's economic plan would be a disaster (1 reply)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (1 day 11 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (2 days 14 hours from now)