A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Pilot update (18 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (2 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (13 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (4 replies)
- Delegate counts (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)
- Vouchers back in the House today... Update: bill tabled, no vouchers (1 reply)
- Sears closing more stores (8 replies)