A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Corporate profits (3 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (6 replies)
- ISIS (47 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (18 replies)
- Conversations (5 replies)
- New pipeline (3 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (39 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (5 replies)
- Are Achievement School District schools achieving? (1 reply)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (26 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (1 day 1 hour from now)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 8 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 8 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 5 days from now)