A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Obama administration on track to surpass health care goal (1 reply)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (1 reply)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (4 replies)
- Iindependent Lens file: A Path Appears (2 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (26 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (14 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (7 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (5 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (2 replies)
- Knox Co. suing Mike Lowe? (1 reply)
- Snowing here (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (8 replies)