A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (70 replies)
- What's wrong with this picture? (13 replies)
- Another delay for Island Home reopening (1 reply)
- U.N. Weather Agency: It's Record Hot Out There This Year (5 replies)
- Republican State Rep: new traffic law needed to help him get home (16 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (344 replies)
- Gunman attacks Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic (17 replies)
- Local attorney K.O. Herston picked by American Bar Assoc. for Top 100 Law Blogs (1 reply)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (12 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (39 replies)
- We are TARGEEEEET!!! (1 reply)
- Right-wing contortions (3 replies)
- Dec 1 2015 - 5:30pm (25 min 38 sec from now)
- Dec 1 2015 - 7:00pm (1 hour 55 min from now)
- Dec 4 2015 - 7:30pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Dec 10 2015 - 5:30pm (1 week 2 days from now)