A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (11 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (22 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (4 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (7 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)
- Shopper News publisher Sandra Clark exonerated in theft trial (8 replies)
- Della Volpe opposes Tennova hospital relocation (16 replies)
- TNDP chair screening committee recommends three candidates (12 replies)