A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Clinton picks Kaine (7 replies)
- WikiLeaks releases 20K DNC e-mails. (3 replies)
- Who will Clinton pick as VP? (38 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (364 replies)
- Mark Harmon: Thanks, Obama. No, really, thanks (5 replies)
- Hotter than a $2 pistol (7 replies)
- While waiting for November, don't forget there are local elections going on (6 replies)
- How car-sharing is already helping cities with their transit issues (1 reply)
- South Waterfront update (14 replies)
- Mayor Rogero and Chief Rausch Declare War on Gang Members (1 reply)
- Ailes out at Fox News (4 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (11 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 17 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (4 days 20 hours from now)