A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Art or advertising? Magpies and city trying to sort it out (25 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (14 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (62 replies)
- Stand Up for Good Jobs, Living Wages, & Our Public Services! (2 replies)
- This will make you feel old (2 replies)
- Making out like a Bandit? (79 replies)
- U.S. Economy Added 173,000 Jobs in August; Unemployment Rate Fell (1 reply)
- Rowan Co. KY county clerk in the national spotlight for defying U.S. Supreme Court (20 replies)
- Tennessee judge won't grant divorce because the gays win (3 replies)
- State officials promote 'low-cost labor force' to lure foreign industries to Tennessee (2 replies)
- State seeks input on proposed law to charge for public records inspection (1 reply)
- The beast has more than one belly: (21 replies)