A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (3 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (6 replies)
- A word before you rush out to buy those plants.... (5 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (7 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (147 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (11 replies)
- Need Your Opinion -- Why live in Knoxville and Where? (85 replies)
- What gives "conservatives" a bad name (15 replies)
- Downtown street musicians (6 replies)
- Santa Gov wants to give FedEx an early Christmas present (10 replies)