A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (44 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (8 replies)
- ISIS (143 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (7 replies)
- Discussion about new hybrid pension plan for TN educators (1 reply)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (25 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (2 days 6 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (5 days 1 hour from now)