A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Ijams rope course death (11 replies)
- HOV Lanes - ILEVs (4 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (13 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (9 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (47 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (13 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)