A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (6 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (4 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Emerald Academy principal named (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)
- Can we get a little humanity up in here? (12 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (33 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (5 replies)
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (11 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)
- The Master of Space and Time (1 reply)
- U.S. health insurers to pay $330 million in premium rebates (4 replies)