A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (9 replies)
- Insure Tennessee killed. Again. (4 replies)
- Electioneering Time! (Or April Fool's prank?) (3 replies)
- Stambaugh family displaced by home fire (4 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (6 replies)
- FIX THIS NOW (5 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)
- Big Ears is here (32 replies)
- Senate passes vouchers, House passes guns in parks (11 replies)
- Being Poor Affects Kids' Brains, Study Finds (13 replies)
- This should be interesting (5 replies)
- KCS Middle School Analysis now available for public review (7 replies)