A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (10 replies)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (3 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (29 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- The Oldest Bar In Every State (14 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (21 hours 25 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 17 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 21 hours from now)