A bit of a shift over the years.
From Yahoo ...
Terms like entitlements, government benefits and safety net often conjure images of tax dollars sliding from the hands of the wealthy into the pockets of the poor. But as we reported Sunday, that image is badly outdated. Benefits now flow primarily to the middle class.
The center's study found that the poorest American households, the bottom fifth, received just 32 cents of every dollar of government benefits distributed in 2010
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (15 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (7 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (15 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (5 hours 44 min ago)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (1 day 9 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (4 days 10 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 17 hours from now)