We expected some spin, but this is over the top.
Even though KNS reporter Jamie Satterfield sat through nearly every day of the Christian-Newsom murder trials, she says she didn't notice anything amiss with the judge.
In an online "chat" with KNS readers today she said "What I saw was a man who on most days functioned fine but who on occassion [sic] seemed sick and tired. He had an explanation for that. It is documented that he suffered pancreatitis. He used his health as an excuse."
(A direct question about whether she or any other reporter observed a problem or heard any rumors or investigated it went unanswered in today's "chat.")
Not only is the KNS exploiting their tabloid coverage of the trials, now the KNS editor is saying the KNS and Jamie Satterfield deserve credit for breaking the news that Baumgartner was an impaired drug addict presiding over the most sensational murder trial in recent history.
Seriously? Sounds like a major ass-covering operation to me. Shame on the KNS for blowing a huge story, and for helping put the victim's families through hell once again.
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Justice? (46 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (13 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (59 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)
- Latest UT athletics drama (9 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (58 replies)