We expected some spin, but this is over the top.
Even though KNS reporter Jamie Satterfield sat through nearly every day of the Christian-Newsom murder trials, she says she didn't notice anything amiss with the judge.
In an online "chat" with KNS readers today she said "What I saw was a man who on most days functioned fine but who on occassion [sic] seemed sick and tired. He had an explanation for that. It is documented that he suffered pancreatitis. He used his health as an excuse."
(A direct question about whether she or any other reporter observed a problem or heard any rumors or investigated it went unanswered in today's "chat.")
Not only is the KNS exploiting their tabloid coverage of the trials, now the KNS editor is saying the KNS and Jamie Satterfield deserve credit for breaking the news that Baumgartner was an impaired drug addict presiding over the most sensational murder trial in recent history.
Seriously? Sounds like a major ass-covering operation to me. Shame on the KNS for blowing a huge story, and for helping put the victim's families through hell once again.
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (2 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (12 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 23 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 23 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 37 min from now)