We expected some spin, but this is over the top.
Even though KNS reporter Jamie Satterfield sat through nearly every day of the Christian-Newsom murder trials, she says she didn't notice anything amiss with the judge.
In an online "chat" with KNS readers today she said "What I saw was a man who on most days functioned fine but who on occassion [sic] seemed sick and tired. He had an explanation for that. It is documented that he suffered pancreatitis. He used his health as an excuse."
(A direct question about whether she or any other reporter observed a problem or heard any rumors or investigated it went unanswered in today's "chat.")
Not only is the KNS exploiting their tabloid coverage of the trials, now the KNS editor is saying the KNS and Jamie Satterfield deserve credit for breaking the news that Baumgartner was an impaired drug addict presiding over the most sensational murder trial in recent history.
Seriously? Sounds like a major ass-covering operation to me. Shame on the KNS for blowing a huge story, and for helping put the victim's families through hell once again.
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (2 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (5 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (4 replies)
- Guilty pleasures: Janet Jackson's Unbreakable (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (9 replies)
- Happy Halloween! (30 replies)
- School shooting in Oregon (16 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces Jackie Clay promotion and Indya Kincannon appointment (2 replies)
- Keith Richards: "I'm not getting old, I'm evolving" (1 reply)