We expected some spin, but this is over the top.
Even though KNS reporter Jamie Satterfield sat through nearly every day of the Christian-Newsom murder trials, she says she didn't notice anything amiss with the judge.
In an online "chat" with KNS readers today she said "What I saw was a man who on most days functioned fine but who on occassion [sic] seemed sick and tired. He had an explanation for that. It is documented that he suffered pancreatitis. He used his health as an excuse."
(A direct question about whether she or any other reporter observed a problem or heard any rumors or investigated it went unanswered in today's "chat.")
Not only is the KNS exploiting their tabloid coverage of the trials, now the KNS editor is saying the KNS and Jamie Satterfield deserve credit for breaking the news that Baumgartner was an impaired drug addict presiding over the most sensational murder trial in recent history.
Seriously? Sounds like a major ass-covering operation to me. Shame on the KNS for blowing a huge story, and for helping put the victim's families through hell once again.
- Making out like a Bandit? (79 replies)
- Art or advertising? Magpies and city trying to sort it out (7 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (13 replies)
- U.S. Economy Added 173,000 Jobs in August; Unemployment Rate Fell (1 reply)
- Stand Up for Good Jobs, Living Wages, & Our Public Services! (1 reply)
- Rowan Co. KY county clerk in the national spotlight for defying U.S. Supreme Court (20 replies)
- Tennessee judge won't grant divorce because the gays win (3 replies)
- State officials promote 'low-cost labor force' to lure foreign industries to Tennessee (2 replies)
- State seeks input on proposed law to charge for public records inspection (1 reply)
- The beast has more than one belly: (21 replies)
- Cades Cove this morning (5 replies)
- City of Alcoa looking for better growth management (1 reply)
- Sep 4 2015 - 6:00pm (5 hours 19 min from now)
- Sep 4 2015 - 7:00pm (6 hours 19 min from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (1 week 5 hours from now)