Major Alaska pipeline shut down:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Oil company BP scrambled Monday to assess suspected pipeline corrosion that will shut shipments from the nation's biggest oilfield, removing about 8 percent of daily U.S. crude production and driving oil prices sharply higher.
The news sent the price of light, sweet crude oil up $1.53 to $74.57 a barrel in electronic trading Monday on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Going shopping for a hybrid...
- Briggs (190 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (18 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (8 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (2 replies)
- R.I.P. James Garner (6 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (11 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (10 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (3 replies)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (42 replies)
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (42 replies)
- Here's why you should vote "yes" for all judicial retentions (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 8 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 23 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (6 days 43 sec from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (6 days 7 hours from now)