Major Alaska pipeline shut down:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Oil company BP scrambled Monday to assess suspected pipeline corrosion that will shut shipments from the nation's biggest oilfield, removing about 8 percent of daily U.S. crude production and driving oil prices sharply higher.
The news sent the price of light, sweet crude oil up $1.53 to $74.57 a barrel in electronic trading Monday on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Going shopping for a hybrid...
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (1 reply)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (37 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (42 replies)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (8 replies)
- ISIS (143 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (7 replies)
- Discussion about new hybrid pension plan for TN educators (1 reply)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (25 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (2 days 14 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (3 days 16 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (3 days 16 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (5 days 15 hours from now)