Major Alaska pipeline shut down:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Oil company BP scrambled Monday to assess suspected pipeline corrosion that will shut shipments from the nation's biggest oilfield, removing about 8 percent of daily U.S. crude production and driving oil prices sharply higher.
The news sent the price of light, sweet crude oil up $1.53 to $74.57 a barrel in electronic trading Monday on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Going shopping for a hybrid...
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (59 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (6 replies)
- FBI investigating charter school waste, fraud and corruption (3 replies)
- Fear of black people voting (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (323 replies)
- Mayor Rogero supports Freedom to Marry (1 reply)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (4 replies)
- ISIS (48 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (8 replies)
- Corporate profits (3 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (18 replies)
- Conversations (5 replies)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (27 min 53 sec ago)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 6 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (5 days 6 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 4 days from now)