An odd thing this morning, friends and I were watching this video of a safe and sane ride on a Goldwing through the Dragon. Later we heard of yet another fatality on the mountain. WBIR reports a collision between a bike and a semi about 9:30.
This video was shot in 1995, and traffic was pretty heavy even then. I last rode it on a weekday in 1985 and saw maybe five other bikes.
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (342 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (63 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)
- Knoxville and surrounding communities livability (15 replies)