According to the Knoxville News Sentinel front page headline this morning, Obama and congressional leaders ended a "perilous stalemate" when they announced a "historic agreement" on a "dramatic resolution" to narrowly avert "financial default" one day before total disaster.
Pretty dramatic. Never saw that coming. Aren't we lucky to have such heroic political leadership? They are our saviors.
The "dramatic resolution" apparently includes extensive spending cuts and creative tax increases, because that's generally how you get out of debt.
Wait, this just in... we are being told that the deal does not, repeat does not include any tax increases. And no one is saying what spending will be cut, except Medicare, Social Security disability, and student loans. There has been no mention of magic beans, fairy dust, or voodoo in any of the various news reports.
- The Onion? Or Parthenon Group? You decide. (25 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (9 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (6 replies)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (3 replies)
- This seems just about right. (10 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (25 replies)
- Campfield guns in parks bill passes TN Senate (13 replies)
- Why Won't Knox News Sentinel Cover Dr. Mary Headrick's Campaign For Congress in TN's 3rd? (4 replies)
- ISIL: a journalistic twist (9 replies)
- The most affluent town in every state (4 replies)
- Darden investors slam Olive Garden (3 replies)
- Campaign Kickoff for School Board Candidate District 2 Jamie Rowe (24 replies)