According to the Knoxville News Sentinel front page headline this morning, Obama and congressional leaders ended a "perilous stalemate" when they announced a "historic agreement" on a "dramatic resolution" to narrowly avert "financial default" one day before total disaster.
Pretty dramatic. Never saw that coming. Aren't we lucky to have such heroic political leadership? They are our saviors.
The "dramatic resolution" apparently includes extensive spending cuts and creative tax increases, because that's generally how you get out of debt.
Wait, this just in... we are being told that the deal does not, repeat does not include any tax increases. And no one is saying what spending will be cut, except Medicare, Social Security disability, and student loans. There has been no mention of magic beans, fairy dust, or voodoo in any of the various news reports.
- Obamacare under President Trump: What happens next? (3 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (8 replies)
- The shameful truth: Democrats share the blame for DeVos (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (81 replies)
- Knoxville Women's March (4 replies)
- So this is how it's gonna be (4 replies)
- Paying attention v1 - defunding data collection (2 replies)
- Trump says he will help middle class working people... (1 reply)
- Inauguration Day (14 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (5 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 3 days from now)