According to the Knoxville News Sentinel front page headline this morning, Obama and congressional leaders ended a "perilous stalemate" when they announced a "historic agreement" on a "dramatic resolution" to narrowly avert "financial default" one day before total disaster.
Pretty dramatic. Never saw that coming. Aren't we lucky to have such heroic political leadership? They are our saviors.
The "dramatic resolution" apparently includes extensive spending cuts and creative tax increases, because that's generally how you get out of debt.
Wait, this just in... we are being told that the deal does not, repeat does not include any tax increases. And no one is saying what spending will be cut, except Medicare, Social Security disability, and student loans. There has been no mention of magic beans, fairy dust, or voodoo in any of the various news reports.
- No Credit? No Problem (23 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (4 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (10 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- State of Tennessee facing Medicaid enrollment lawsuit (4 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (1 reply)
- Congress comes together to help the disabled save, tax-free (1 reply)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (25 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (10 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (20 hours 2 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 11 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 12 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (5 days 19 hours from now)