A sampling of some of the peoples' business scheduled for today in Nashville...
Senate Finance Ways & Means Committee, 5/10 8:30AM:
• SJR0221: Constitutional amendment banning income tax.
• SJR0118: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the US Constitution prohibiting unfunded federal mandates and programs except during declared fiscal emergency.
• SJR0119: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the United States Constitution that would authorize states to rescind certain federal laws.
• SB0326: Opts out of Medicare and Medicaid and establishes state program funded by federal funds formerly spent on Medicare and Medicaid.
• SB0932 Weakens wage and hour and workers' compensation laws, makes it easier for employers to deny future medical claims for workers' compensation settlements, establishes presumption of natural/aging cause for workplace injury unless proven otherwise by injured worker, with additional special requirements for proving work related hearing loss and carpal tunnel syndrome.
• SB 1772: Legalizes moonshining in Cocke Co.
• SB 1915: Increases campaign contribution limits, allows corporations to contribute to candidates; allows members of the general assembly and the governor to fundraise as candidates for other elective offices during session.
Senate Judiciary Committee, 5/10/2011 2PM
• SB1299: Reduces requirements for publication of foreclosure notices in newspapers.
• SB0940: Makes it more difficult for whistleblowers and victims of discrimination to prove their cases against employers.
House Finance Ways and Means Committee, 5/10/2011 1PM
• *HB1875: Allows state officials to charge a fee for viewing or producing public records.
House Education Committee, 5/10/2011 4PM:
• HB 0130: Abolishes teachers' unions ability to negotiate terms and conditions of professional service with local boards of education. NOTE: has already passed Senate, this is a special committee hearing in House.
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (14 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (2 replies)
- State fee to ride your bicycle on the South Loop Urban Wilderness Trail? (22 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday reports mounting losses, continuing decline in same store sales (35 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (11 replies)
- A couple of looks at sexual assault (6 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- Samantha Manning no longer with WATE (5 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (8 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (17 replies)
- Feb 2 2015 - 6:15pm (2 days 4 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 4:30pm (5 days 2 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 1 hour from now)