A sampling of some of the peoples' business scheduled for today in Nashville...
Senate Finance Ways & Means Committee, 5/10 8:30AM:
• SJR0221: Constitutional amendment banning income tax.
• SJR0118: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the US Constitution prohibiting unfunded federal mandates and programs except during declared fiscal emergency.
• SJR0119: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the United States Constitution that would authorize states to rescind certain federal laws.
• SB0326: Opts out of Medicare and Medicaid and establishes state program funded by federal funds formerly spent on Medicare and Medicaid.
• SB0932 Weakens wage and hour and workers' compensation laws, makes it easier for employers to deny future medical claims for workers' compensation settlements, establishes presumption of natural/aging cause for workplace injury unless proven otherwise by injured worker, with additional special requirements for proving work related hearing loss and carpal tunnel syndrome.
• SB 1772: Legalizes moonshining in Cocke Co.
• SB 1915: Increases campaign contribution limits, allows corporations to contribute to candidates; allows members of the general assembly and the governor to fundraise as candidates for other elective offices during session.
Senate Judiciary Committee, 5/10/2011 2PM
• SB1299: Reduces requirements for publication of foreclosure notices in newspapers.
• SB0940: Makes it more difficult for whistleblowers and victims of discrimination to prove their cases against employers.
House Finance Ways and Means Committee, 5/10/2011 1PM
• *HB1875: Allows state officials to charge a fee for viewing or producing public records.
House Education Committee, 5/10/2011 4PM:
• HB 0130: Abolishes teachers' unions ability to negotiate terms and conditions of professional service with local boards of education. NOTE: has already passed Senate, this is a special committee hearing in House.
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (2 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (21 hours 28 min from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 3 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (6 days 4 hours from now)