A sampling of some of the peoples' business scheduled for today in Nashville...
Senate Finance Ways & Means Committee, 5/10 8:30AM:
• SJR0221: Constitutional amendment banning income tax.
• SJR0118: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the US Constitution prohibiting unfunded federal mandates and programs except during declared fiscal emergency.
• SJR0119: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the United States Constitution that would authorize states to rescind certain federal laws.
• SB0326: Opts out of Medicare and Medicaid and establishes state program funded by federal funds formerly spent on Medicare and Medicaid.
• SB0932 Weakens wage and hour and workers' compensation laws, makes it easier for employers to deny future medical claims for workers' compensation settlements, establishes presumption of natural/aging cause for workplace injury unless proven otherwise by injured worker, with additional special requirements for proving work related hearing loss and carpal tunnel syndrome.
• SB 1772: Legalizes moonshining in Cocke Co.
• SB 1915: Increases campaign contribution limits, allows corporations to contribute to candidates; allows members of the general assembly and the governor to fundraise as candidates for other elective offices during session.
Senate Judiciary Committee, 5/10/2011 2PM
• SB1299: Reduces requirements for publication of foreclosure notices in newspapers.
• SB0940: Makes it more difficult for whistleblowers and victims of discrimination to prove their cases against employers.
House Finance Ways and Means Committee, 5/10/2011 1PM
• *HB1875: Allows state officials to charge a fee for viewing or producing public records.
House Education Committee, 5/10/2011 4PM:
• HB 0130: Abolishes teachers' unions ability to negotiate terms and conditions of professional service with local boards of education. NOTE: has already passed Senate, this is a special committee hearing in House.
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (10 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (11 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 hour 1 min ago)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (1 day 13 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (4 days 14 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 22 hours from now)