A sampling of some of the peoples' business scheduled for today in Nashville...
Senate Finance Ways & Means Committee, 5/10 8:30AM:
• SJR0221: Constitutional amendment banning income tax.
• SJR0118: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the US Constitution prohibiting unfunded federal mandates and programs except during declared fiscal emergency.
• SJR0119: Requests Congress to propose an amendment to the United States Constitution that would authorize states to rescind certain federal laws.
• SB0326: Opts out of Medicare and Medicaid and establishes state program funded by federal funds formerly spent on Medicare and Medicaid.
• SB0932 Weakens wage and hour and workers' compensation laws, makes it easier for employers to deny future medical claims for workers' compensation settlements, establishes presumption of natural/aging cause for workplace injury unless proven otherwise by injured worker, with additional special requirements for proving work related hearing loss and carpal tunnel syndrome.
• SB 1772: Legalizes moonshining in Cocke Co.
• SB 1915: Increases campaign contribution limits, allows corporations to contribute to candidates; allows members of the general assembly and the governor to fundraise as candidates for other elective offices during session.
Senate Judiciary Committee, 5/10/2011 2PM
• SB1299: Reduces requirements for publication of foreclosure notices in newspapers.
• SB0940: Makes it more difficult for whistleblowers and victims of discrimination to prove their cases against employers.
House Finance Ways and Means Committee, 5/10/2011 1PM
• *HB1875: Allows state officials to charge a fee for viewing or producing public records.
House Education Committee, 5/10/2011 4PM:
• HB 0130: Abolishes teachers' unions ability to negotiate terms and conditions of professional service with local boards of education. NOTE: has already passed Senate, this is a special committee hearing in House.
- Trump says he will help middle class working people... (1 reply)
- Knoxville Women's March (3 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (6 replies)
- Inauguration Day (14 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (80 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (5 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Jimmy Kimmel - on the street Obamacare vs ACA (3 replies)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (12 replies)
- A message (2 replies)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (3 days 7 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 5 days from now)