Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey announced today the launch of his new website, ltgov.tn.gov. According to his press release it was created by the "legislature's award-winning Legislative Information Services team."
It has a blog, some simple forms for submitting questions and concerns and requests for appearances, and a press release area which is a duplicate of the blog or vice versa. Oh, and it has the requisite facebook and twitter widgets. There's a policy section but there's nothing there. Seems about right.
Who pays for the "legislature's award-winning Legislative Information Services team" to build and maintain this self-serving crap? Who authorizes it? Will every legislator get their own interactive website? How does this stimulate job growth in Tennessee?
P.S. Ramsey previously launched TNRedTape.com where small businessmen could tell their horror stories about all the government red tape keeping them from being successful. It mainly looks like an email/personal info phishing scam. It also looks abandoned. There are no horror stories of red tape strangling the profits of Tennessee businesses, and there sure aren't any solutions to Tennessee's unemployment problem.
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (4 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (38 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (1 reply)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (8 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (2 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (4 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (6 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (6 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (6 days 2 hours from now)