Various reports are coming in that Knoxville mayoral candidate Marilyn Roddy is considering a bid for soon to be former Sen. Jamie Woodson's seat in the State Senate.
The first clue was a tweet by WATE's Gene Patterson earlier today that Roddy had mentioned to WATE News that she had discussed the idea with her family.
Georgiana Vines now reports that Roddy has been in discussions with Speaker Ramsey about the post.
It was apparently also mention on another local TV news station at 6PM.
Let the record reflect that KnoxViews called it first.
This injects an interesting new dynamic into the race for Knoxville mayor. Regardless of whether Roddy is eventually considered for Woodson's Senate seat, she has now signaled that she's open to shopping around for whatever might be considered the biggest prize.
(Which makes you wonder what she knew and when she knew it when she opted out of the U.T. mayoral debate last week.)
If she decides to continue on in the mayor's race instead of setting her sights on Nashville, will she be able to overcome new questions with regard to her priorities, commitment, motivations, and loyalties? With her latest revelations to local media, not to mention her gushing press release today re. Haslam's sketchy jobs plan, one has to wonder.
- Trump's gonna win (2 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (9 replies)
- streetcar map (4 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (7 replies)
- RIP Pat Summitt (19 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (41 replies)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)