Various reports are coming in that Knoxville mayoral candidate Marilyn Roddy is considering a bid for soon to be former Sen. Jamie Woodson's seat in the State Senate.
The first clue was a tweet by WATE's Gene Patterson earlier today that Roddy had mentioned to WATE News that she had discussed the idea with her family.
Georgiana Vines now reports that Roddy has been in discussions with Speaker Ramsey about the post.
It was apparently also mention on another local TV news station at 6PM.
Let the record reflect that KnoxViews called it first.
This injects an interesting new dynamic into the race for Knoxville mayor. Regardless of whether Roddy is eventually considered for Woodson's Senate seat, she has now signaled that she's open to shopping around for whatever might be considered the biggest prize.
(Which makes you wonder what she knew and when she knew it when she opted out of the U.T. mayoral debate last week.)
If she decides to continue on in the mayor's race instead of setting her sights on Nashville, will she be able to overcome new questions with regard to her priorities, commitment, motivations, and loyalties? With her latest revelations to local media, not to mention her gushing press release today re. Haslam's sketchy jobs plan, one has to wonder.
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (3 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (6 replies)
- A word before you rush out to buy those plants.... (5 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (7 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (147 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (11 replies)
- Need Your Opinion -- Why live in Knoxville and Where? (85 replies)
- What gives "conservatives" a bad name (15 replies)
- Downtown street musicians (6 replies)
- Santa Gov wants to give FedEx an early Christmas present (10 replies)