Various reports are coming in that Knoxville mayoral candidate Marilyn Roddy is considering a bid for soon to be former Sen. Jamie Woodson's seat in the State Senate.
The first clue was a tweet by WATE's Gene Patterson earlier today that Roddy had mentioned to WATE News that she had discussed the idea with her family.
Georgiana Vines now reports that Roddy has been in discussions with Speaker Ramsey about the post.
It was apparently also mention on another local TV news station at 6PM.
Let the record reflect that KnoxViews called it first.
This injects an interesting new dynamic into the race for Knoxville mayor. Regardless of whether Roddy is eventually considered for Woodson's Senate seat, she has now signaled that she's open to shopping around for whatever might be considered the biggest prize.
(Which makes you wonder what she knew and when she knew it when she opted out of the U.T. mayoral debate last week.)
If she decides to continue on in the mayor's race instead of setting her sights on Nashville, will she be able to overcome new questions with regard to her priorities, commitment, motivations, and loyalties? With her latest revelations to local media, not to mention her gushing press release today re. Haslam's sketchy jobs plan, one has to wonder.
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (1 reply)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (38 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (32 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (16 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)