"I don't think you'll see anything like that here." Gov. Bill Haslam, Feb. 26th, referring to the Wisconsin protests.
An estimated 3,000 to 5,000 teachers and supporters gathered in Nashville in the rain yesterday to support teachers and to protest Republican efforts to dismantle public education in Tennessee.
FROM THE SCENE:
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (2 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (40 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (36 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (18 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)