"I don't think you'll see anything like that here." Gov. Bill Haslam, Feb. 26th, referring to the Wisconsin protests.
An estimated 3,000 to 5,000 teachers and supporters gathered in Nashville in the rain yesterday to support teachers and to protest Republican efforts to dismantle public education in Tennessee.
FROM THE SCENE:
- "Lady Vols" in the NCAA Tournament (9 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (4 replies)
- Big Ears is here (8 replies)
- Unlike Vouchers and Charters, Community Schools Work (4 replies)
- Tennessee House Bill 317 - Short Term Loans and Lenders (1 reply)
- Tyndall fired (17 replies)
- New push for state takeover of coal regulation gains steam (2 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)