"I don't think you'll see anything like that here." Gov. Bill Haslam, Feb. 26th, referring to the Wisconsin protests.
An estimated 3,000 to 5,000 teachers and supporters gathered in Nashville in the rain yesterday to support teachers and to protest Republican efforts to dismantle public education in Tennessee.
FROM THE SCENE:
- Peyton Manning's last game? (11 replies)
- Alcoa pedestrian bridge grand opening (9 replies)
- BREAKING: Knox Co. Commissioner Jeff Ownby arrested for indecent exposure at Sharps Ridge (201 replies)
- Pilot update (21 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)
- Knoxville City Council tackles payday lenders (12 replies)