"I don't think you'll see anything like that here." Gov. Bill Haslam, Feb. 26th, referring to the Wisconsin protests.
An estimated 3,000 to 5,000 teachers and supporters gathered in Nashville in the rain yesterday to support teachers and to protest Republican efforts to dismantle public education in Tennessee.
FROM THE SCENE:
- Emerald Academy principal named (23 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (23 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (7 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (18 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)