A requirement in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (health care act) "would require businesses to report to the IRS any purchase from a vendor of goods or services worth $600 or more during the calendar year. The new requirements would be effective for purchases made in 2012 that will be reported on 1099 forms filed in 2013."
Can you imagine what it will be like for all businesses, large and small, to have to gather taxpayer information from every business they purchase $600 or more? The 1099 form requires the taxpayer identification number along with a street address of the company from the company that your business purchases $600 or more. What were they thinking? Business accounting is getting ridiculous, makes for plenty of jobs/income for accountants. Can you imagine how many 1099s Dell, Microsoft, even Home Depot, could get every year?
In September, Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., introduced an amendment that "would have increased the threshold for reporting the purchases on a 1099 from $600 to $5,000, and exempted businesses with 25 or fewer employees from the new reporting requirement. His amendment was defeated on a vote of 56-42, also failing to reach the 60-vote threshold."
I'm betting this requirement will be amended somehow before Jan. 1, 2012.
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (5 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (25 replies)
- Thoughts on Trumpspeak (2 replies)
- City to exclude glass from curbside recycling (17 replies)
- Bill Gates: The robot that takes your job should pay taxes (2 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (10 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (3 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (103 replies)
- Marsha, Marsha, Marsha: unlike Duncan, not afraid of constituents (5 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (3 hours 3 min ago)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (3 days 21 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)