What: CANCELED: Ten-Year Plan public conversation: Permanent Supportive Housing Residents – Three Stories
When: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 6:00pm
Where: Volunteer Ministry Center’s Resource Center, 511 N. Broadway
Please note that tonight's Ten-Year Plan Public Conversation meeting is canceled due to the threat of inclement weather.
This meeting had been scheduled for 6pm tonight at Volunteer Ministry Center's Resource Center. It will be rescheduled for a later date.
The Office of the Ten-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness would like to invite the public to a public conversation at VMC’s Resource Center. We’ll be talking with three people who have experienced homelessness but who now reside in supportive housing.
They’ll discuss their housing and what it has meant to them and helped them to do. Presenters will be clients of VMC, Knox County Community Action Committee, and Catholic Charities of East Tennessee. This conversation will follow the same basic format as usual. The first half hour will be presentation while the second half hour will be devoted to conversation about the subject.
This is the eighth in a series of similar public conversations, and the first public conversation of 2011.
Please note the venue location. VMC’s Resource Center is located on the ground floor, accessible from the rear of the building.
We will keep these meetings concise to respect the time of attendees. We will continue to offer them on a regular basis, and invite presenters who can speak to their areas of expertise and experience and to the roles that they play in relation to addressing homelessness in our community. We’ll open up the floor for questions and conversation on the specific issue being addressed, and we’ll ask attendees for ideas about subjects they’d like for us to address in future public conversations. Comprehensive notes from all public conversations like this one are posted at the TYP's website and are tagged "public conversation."
- Marsha, Marsha, Marsha: unlike Duncan, not afraid of constituents (3 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (2 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (31 min 51 sec from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 6 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (5 days 7 hours from now)