What: CANCELED: Ten-Year Plan public conversation: Permanent Supportive Housing Residents – Three Stories
When: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 6:00pm
Where: Volunteer Ministry Center’s Resource Center, 511 N. Broadway
Please note that tonight's Ten-Year Plan Public Conversation meeting is canceled due to the threat of inclement weather.
This meeting had been scheduled for 6pm tonight at Volunteer Ministry Center's Resource Center. It will be rescheduled for a later date.
The Office of the Ten-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness would like to invite the public to a public conversation at VMC’s Resource Center. We’ll be talking with three people who have experienced homelessness but who now reside in supportive housing.
They’ll discuss their housing and what it has meant to them and helped them to do. Presenters will be clients of VMC, Knox County Community Action Committee, and Catholic Charities of East Tennessee. This conversation will follow the same basic format as usual. The first half hour will be presentation while the second half hour will be devoted to conversation about the subject.
This is the eighth in a series of similar public conversations, and the first public conversation of 2011.
Please note the venue location. VMC’s Resource Center is located on the ground floor, accessible from the rear of the building.
We will keep these meetings concise to respect the time of attendees. We will continue to offer them on a regular basis, and invite presenters who can speak to their areas of expertise and experience and to the roles that they play in relation to addressing homelessness in our community. We’ll open up the floor for questions and conversation on the specific issue being addressed, and we’ll ask attendees for ideas about subjects they’d like for us to address in future public conversations. Comprehensive notes from all public conversations like this one are posted at the TYP's website and are tagged "public conversation."
- Into the Belly of the Beast (2 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (5 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (6 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (5 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (32 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)