The rumors are flying and it is hard to publish the facts as to why the women's soccer coach, Lisa Howe, at Belmont University suddenly is no longer employed.
The Tennessean reports,
"She said she needed to resign or she was going to be fired because of the choices she had made with her life," Hudak said [a junior on the soccer team]. "She said she had tried to clear telling us she was having a baby through the athletic department and they weren't allowing her to."
Team captain Sari Lin said she met with Strickland [Athletics Director] on Tuesday and he told her Howe had violated a university policy pertaining to individual sexuality.
BelmontVision.com, a Belmont University student publicatoin, is currently reporting:
Belmont University released a second statement late Friday afternoon regarding “the conclusion of Coach Lisa Howe’s employment at Belmont University.”
According to the statement, the university and Howe agree that she “did not ‘resign’ from her employment. Neither was she dismissed.”
Headline at Nashville Scene:
Belmont Honors Christ's Birth By Booting Expecting Family into the Cold
It is the 21st century, isn't it? What's the rest of the story? A lawsuit pending?
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (9 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (25 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (3 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (9 replies)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (1 day 19 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 4 days from now)