The rumors are flying and it is hard to publish the facts as to why the women's soccer coach, Lisa Howe, at Belmont University suddenly is no longer employed.
The Tennessean reports,
"She said she needed to resign or she was going to be fired because of the choices she had made with her life," Hudak said [a junior on the soccer team]. "She said she had tried to clear telling us she was having a baby through the athletic department and they weren't allowing her to."
Team captain Sari Lin said she met with Strickland [Athletics Director] on Tuesday and he told her Howe had violated a university policy pertaining to individual sexuality.
BelmontVision.com, a Belmont University student publicatoin, is currently reporting:
Belmont University released a second statement late Friday afternoon regarding “the conclusion of Coach Lisa Howe’s employment at Belmont University.”
According to the statement, the university and Howe agree that she “did not ‘resign’ from her employment. Neither was she dismissed.”
Headline at Nashville Scene:
Belmont Honors Christ's Birth By Booting Expecting Family into the Cold
It is the 21st century, isn't it? What's the rest of the story? A lawsuit pending?
- Tyndall fired (12 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (11 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)
- Knoxville Mercury survey (1 reply)
- When avoiding ‘climate change’ is literally laughable (2 replies)