The rumors are flying and it is hard to publish the facts as to why the women's soccer coach, Lisa Howe, at Belmont University suddenly is no longer employed.
The Tennessean reports,
"She said she needed to resign or she was going to be fired because of the choices she had made with her life," Hudak said [a junior on the soccer team]. "She said she had tried to clear telling us she was having a baby through the athletic department and they weren't allowing her to."
Team captain Sari Lin said she met with Strickland [Athletics Director] on Tuesday and he told her Howe had violated a university policy pertaining to individual sexuality.
BelmontVision.com, a Belmont University student publicatoin, is currently reporting:
Belmont University released a second statement late Friday afternoon regarding “the conclusion of Coach Lisa Howe’s employment at Belmont University.”
According to the statement, the university and Howe agree that she “did not ‘resign’ from her employment. Neither was she dismissed.”
Headline at Nashville Scene:
Belmont Honors Christ's Birth By Booting Expecting Family into the Cold
It is the 21st century, isn't it? What's the rest of the story? A lawsuit pending?
- Nate Silver forecasts 50/50 chance that either Dem wins in Nevada (4 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (15 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (5 replies)
- Pilot update (19 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (2 replies)
- Delegate counts (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)
- Vouchers back in the House today... Update: bill tabled, no vouchers (1 reply)