The rumors are flying and it is hard to publish the facts as to why the women's soccer coach, Lisa Howe, at Belmont University suddenly is no longer employed.
The Tennessean reports,
"She said she needed to resign or she was going to be fired because of the choices she had made with her life," Hudak said [a junior on the soccer team]. "She said she had tried to clear telling us she was having a baby through the athletic department and they weren't allowing her to."
Team captain Sari Lin said she met with Strickland [Athletics Director] on Tuesday and he told her Howe had violated a university policy pertaining to individual sexuality.
BelmontVision.com, a Belmont University student publicatoin, is currently reporting:
Belmont University released a second statement late Friday afternoon regarding “the conclusion of Coach Lisa Howe’s employment at Belmont University.”
According to the statement, the university and Howe agree that she “did not ‘resign’ from her employment. Neither was she dismissed.”
Headline at Nashville Scene:
Belmont Honors Christ's Birth By Booting Expecting Family into the Cold
It is the 21st century, isn't it? What's the rest of the story? A lawsuit pending?
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (44 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (31 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (308 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (2 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (10 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 weeks 19 hours from now)