U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., says he has told Volkswagen officials that he thinks it would be "highly detrimental" to the German manufacturer if the United Auto Workers organizes its Chattanooga assembly plant.
"At Volkswagen Chattanooga, the employees will decide for themselves about their representation," [Guenther Scherelis, Volkswagen Group of America Inc.'s general manager of communication] said in an e-mail.
- RIP Pat Summitt (18 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (41 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (5 replies)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)
- The New American Death: Overdoses and Accidents (1 reply)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (4 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)