No, this logo is not made up. It's really what they planned to use.
Remember Total Information Awareness? That was a scheme by defense and intelligence agencies to capture all electronic voice and data communication and analyze it using infobots, more or less.
As it turns out, taxpayers didn't need to spend billions on it at all. Kids in Sillycon Valley are doing it for them for free.
We used to talk about the "digital divide" between rural and underserved communities v. the rest of the broadband-enable world. Now the digital divide is really a generational divide between younger generations raised in an electronic world of interconnected information who have no problem giving up their privacy to stay connected v. us cranky old geezers who just want to be left alone.
RELATED: Privacy is the new online currency: The problem with buying things with your privacy is you really don't know how much you're paying. With money, five bucks is five bucks.
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (8 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (3 replies)
- Bar Marley (6 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (2 replies)
- Watch this and get inspired (3 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (12 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (9 hours 42 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (10 hours 27 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 9 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)