No, this logo is not made up. It's really what they planned to use.
Remember Total Information Awareness? That was a scheme by defense and intelligence agencies to capture all electronic voice and data communication and analyze it using infobots, more or less.
As it turns out, taxpayers didn't need to spend billions on it at all. Kids in Sillycon Valley are doing it for them for free.
We used to talk about the "digital divide" between rural and underserved communities v. the rest of the broadband-enable world. Now the digital divide is really a generational divide between younger generations raised in an electronic world of interconnected information who have no problem giving up their privacy to stay connected v. us cranky old geezers who just want to be left alone.
RELATED: Privacy is the new online currency: The problem with buying things with your privacy is you really don't know how much you're paying. With money, five bucks is five bucks.
- Into the Belly of the Beast (3 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (7 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (6 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (5 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (5 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (32 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)