Jon Lawler, director of the Ten Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness, announced today that the zoning variance request for reduced parking at the Flenniken School project will be withdrawn. "If we can make adjustments based on what we hear, we will. That’s an important part of the process," said Lawler.
The press release...
The Office of the Ten-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness announced today that Southeastern Housing Foundation, a non-profit affordable housing development organization, is withdrawing a request for a zoning variance for the old Flenniken School project following a public meeting with area residents. The public meeting was held June 21 at the South Knoxville Recreation Center. Residents clearly felt that there were parking issues with other developments in the area.
"We wanted to build fewer parking places because we believe they won’t be used and that the money to build them could be better spent. We also were concerned about unnecessary concrete which could be green space. However, the number of spaces is a clearly an issue with the people who live nearby," said David Arning of Southeastern Housing Foundation. "District Councilman Nick Pavlis also expressed his concerns. Therefore we are withdrawing the request for variance and will build all 58 parking places required by Codes."
“We are committed to communicating more with the entire community and to listening to what they say," said Jon Lawler, Director of the Ten-Year Plan. "If we can make adjustments based on what we hear, we will. That’s an important part of the process."
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (14 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (9 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (18 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (7 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)