The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has received notice of the following layoffs, all from the Nashville region:
• Movie Gallery US LLC, Rutherford Co., 225 jobs on 7/9/2010. The had filed for bankruptcy and is winding down its operations. This notice appears to affect their Hollywood Video distribution center in La Vergne. The WSJ reported a couple of weeks ago they were trying to sell off the complete inventory of 1.2 million DVDs there.
• Cinram Distribution, Rutherford Co. (La Vergne), 472 jobs on 7/30/2010. The company had announced in May that closure of the Tennessee distribution facility was related to the loss of their Warner Home Video account.
• Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville, 1710 jobs on 6/12. The previously announced layoffs are related to flood damage at the company's Opryland Resort, which they hope to reopen in November.
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (2 replies)
- Debbie Wasserman Shultz removed from convention chair post (82 replies)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (4 replies)
- Think twice about routine dental x-rays (1 reply)
- SoKno: Rivers Edge Apartment Homes (2 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (12 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (8 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (5 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (49 replies)
- Clinton picks Kaine (12 replies)
- Bernie's Statement to His Supporters on His Endorsement of Hillary (13 replies)
- Analysts say Trump's economic plan would be a disaster (1 reply)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (1 day 18 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)