The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has received notice of the following layoffs, all from the Nashville region:
• Movie Gallery US LLC, Rutherford Co., 225 jobs on 7/9/2010. The had filed for bankruptcy and is winding down its operations. This notice appears to affect their Hollywood Video distribution center in La Vergne. The WSJ reported a couple of weeks ago they were trying to sell off the complete inventory of 1.2 million DVDs there.
• Cinram Distribution, Rutherford Co. (La Vergne), 472 jobs on 7/30/2010. The company had announced in May that closure of the Tennessee distribution facility was related to the loss of their Warner Home Video account.
• Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville, 1710 jobs on 6/12. The previously announced layoffs are related to flood damage at the company's Opryland Resort, which they hope to reopen in November.
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (10 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (32 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (3 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (4 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)
- The Master of Space and Time (1 reply)
- U.S. health insurers to pay $330 million in premium rebates (4 replies)
- I notice the comments have been taken down from the story about Burchett getting engaged (14 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (6 replies)
- Bill Owen reception (4 replies)
- State retirement plans for the private sector (1 reply)
- What's missing in this picture? (8 replies)