The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has received notice of the following layoffs, all from the Nashville region:
• Movie Gallery US LLC, Rutherford Co., 225 jobs on 7/9/2010. The had filed for bankruptcy and is winding down its operations. This notice appears to affect their Hollywood Video distribution center in La Vergne. The WSJ reported a couple of weeks ago they were trying to sell off the complete inventory of 1.2 million DVDs there.
• Cinram Distribution, Rutherford Co. (La Vergne), 472 jobs on 7/30/2010. The company had announced in May that closure of the Tennessee distribution facility was related to the loss of their Warner Home Video account.
• Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville, 1710 jobs on 6/12. The previously announced layoffs are related to flood damage at the company's Opryland Resort, which they hope to reopen in November.
- Haslam's legacy (20 replies)
- The best states for bicycling (12 replies)
- David Letterman signs off (2 replies)
- Good guys just stand out (1 reply)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (3 replies)
- DTV Features Honor Air Knoxville and Eddie Mannis (1 reply)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (18 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Takata Air Bag Recall grows (5 replies)
- May 22 2015 - 6:00pm (1 hour 41 min ago)
- May 22 2015 - 7:30pm (11 min 40 sec ago)
- May 26 2015 - 5:30pm (3 days 21 hours from now)
- May 27 2015 - 5:30pm (4 days 21 hours from now)