The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has received notice of the following layoffs, all from the Nashville region:
• Movie Gallery US LLC, Rutherford Co., 225 jobs on 7/9/2010. The had filed for bankruptcy and is winding down its operations. This notice appears to affect their Hollywood Video distribution center in La Vergne. The WSJ reported a couple of weeks ago they were trying to sell off the complete inventory of 1.2 million DVDs there.
• Cinram Distribution, Rutherford Co. (La Vergne), 472 jobs on 7/30/2010. The company had announced in May that closure of the Tennessee distribution facility was related to the loss of their Warner Home Video account.
• Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville, 1710 jobs on 6/12. The previously announced layoffs are related to flood damage at the company's Opryland Resort, which they hope to reopen in November.
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (15 replies)
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (54 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (31 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (308 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (2 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (10 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 weeks 11 hours from now)