The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has received notice of the following layoffs, all from the Nashville region:
• Movie Gallery US LLC, Rutherford Co., 225 jobs on 7/9/2010. The had filed for bankruptcy and is winding down its operations. This notice appears to affect their Hollywood Video distribution center in La Vergne. The WSJ reported a couple of weeks ago they were trying to sell off the complete inventory of 1.2 million DVDs there.
• Cinram Distribution, Rutherford Co. (La Vergne), 472 jobs on 7/30/2010. The company had announced in May that closure of the Tennessee distribution facility was related to the loss of their Warner Home Video account.
• Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville, 1710 jobs on 6/12. The previously announced layoffs are related to flood damage at the company's Opryland Resort, which they hope to reopen in November.
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (6 replies)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (12 replies)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (26 replies)
- CCA et al fund private prison study (1 reply)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (1 day 11 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (3 days 16 hours from now)