The News Sentinel has a follow up on TVA's decision to suspend their Green Switch Generation Partners program.
Solar power companies are banding together to see what can be done about it. They at least want TVA to enroll projects that are already underway. They would also like to see program limits increased.
Why are there even limits in the first place? Seems like TVA should be promoting as much green power generation as possible.
What this episode illustrates, however, is that TVA is not and never has been serious about alternative energy. It's all just lip service because Big Coal is in charge of Tennessee's energy future and TVA executives get Big Bonuses to keep it that way.
- School shooting in Oregon (19 replies)
- Now what? (2 replies)
- DOE awards UT $2.9 million grant for graduate energy technology program (3 replies)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (14 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (63 replies)
- The remarkable thing that happens to poor kids when you give their parents a little money (1 reply)
- National walk to school day (7 replies)
- CBO: Budget deficit smallest since 2007 (7 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (3 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (3 days 14 hours from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (3 days 15 hours from now)