"Let no neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations that we have forgotten as a people the cost of a free and undivided republic.
If other eyes grow dull and other hinds slack, and other hearts cold in the solemn trust, ours shall keep it well as long as the light and warmth of life remain in us.
Let us, then, at the time appointed, gather around their sacred remains, and garland the passionless mounds above them with choicest flowers of springtime; let us raise above them the dear old flag they saved; let us in this solemn presence renew our pledge to aid and assist those whom they have left among us a sacred charge upon the Nation's gratitude — the soldier's and sailor's widow and orphan."
From the original Memorial Day Order by John A. Logan, Commander in Chief, Grand Army of the Republic, May 1868.
- Fresenius Medical Care Invests $140 Million To Locate Manufacturing Facility In Knoxville (2 replies)
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (92 replies)
- Gordon Ball for U.S. Senate campaign kickoff (2 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (37 replies)
- Baptist Hospital demolition underway (8 replies)
- Via TREE - The Latest on Voucher Bill (8 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (12 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (309 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (3 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Mar 14 2014 - 4:30pm (2 days 52 min from now)
- Mar 19 2014 - 12:00pm (6 days 20 hours from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)