As noted by Joe Powell last week and WBIR yesterday, Tennessee ranks # 1 for combined categories of: Public corruption, Racketeering and Extortion, Forgery and Counterfeiting; Fraud; and Embezzlement.
The data was tabulated and reported by The Daily Beast. They used a decades worth of federal data (1998 - 2008) and "leveled the playing field by calculating the numbers on a per-100,000 people basis". And, of course, The Daily Beast highlights the Newport criminal element.
We're number 1! We're number 1!
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (2 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (6 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)
- Campaign Party and Kickoff for Cameron Brooks! (5 replies)
- The Internets and Questionable Journalism (21 replies)
- Gates-funded inBloom student data repository shutting down (3 replies)
- KnoxViews exclusive: U.S. Senate candidate Gordon Ball on the issues (20 replies)
- Passover breakfast at McDonald's (2 replies)
- TEA: "Many victories" for public ed this legislative session (2 replies)
- Phone Advice Needed (36 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (6 replies)