As noted by Joe Powell last week and WBIR yesterday, Tennessee ranks # 1 for combined categories of: Public corruption, Racketeering and Extortion, Forgery and Counterfeiting; Fraud; and Embezzlement.
The data was tabulated and reported by The Daily Beast. They used a decades worth of federal data (1998 - 2008) and "leveled the playing field by calculating the numbers on a per-100,000 people basis". And, of course, The Daily Beast highlights the Newport criminal element.
We're number 1! We're number 1!
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (21 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (8 replies)
- Donaldson on the way out (59 replies)
- Decline of civilization, part 473 (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (37 replies)
- Who should replace Indya Kincannon on School Board? (6 replies)
- a fine BLT (20 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (12 replies)
- ISIS (78 replies)
- House plans to spend up to $350,000 on Obama suit (1 reply)
- Knox County Commission Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS (9 replies)
- Nashville schools forced to purchase technology via capital, not operating, budget? (10 replies)