TH- my job as sheriff, management. Focus on jobs, less corruption
TB- my work in legislature, balancing budgets. Reduce sense of entitlement in county government. Transparency.
How to create jobs?
Th- work with ut, tech transfers, TVA, dept of energy
Tb- Gov't doesn't create jobs, Gov't needs to get out of the way. Gov't needs to listen to people
Tax incentives- chamber secret meetings
Tb- I put forth legislation to end secret deals. Transparency again
Th- no closed door meetings, doesn't happen here, we have sunshine laws. Open PBA
What will you do to open Gov't/ transparency?
Th- recites history of county problems. Make sure people at the top are honest.
Tb- this is older than 3 years, it's been a gradual erosion. Follow the law.
Make school community centers and more use after hours?
Tb- volunteers teaching after schools. We have to consider safety of children
Th- generally ok, need policies. Mayor can't tell school what to do
Rank arts as economic development and quality of life
Th- we should support arts and diversity, but not county funds because of budget
Tb- agree, voluntary funding
Which public health initiative would you support?
Tb- childhood obesity. Th wrong on school board interaction, mayor can be a leader
Th- vaccinations for poor
Th- solar industry grants
Tb- we need efficiency director to find savings, develop brownfields.
- City to exclude glass from curbside recycling (17 replies)
- Bill Gates: The robot that takes your job should pay taxes (2 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (22 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (10 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (3 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (103 replies)
- Marsha, Marsha, Marsha: unlike Duncan, not afraid of constituents (5 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (4 hours 29 min from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (4 days 5 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)