A new motion for "Extraordinary Relief and Injunction" was filed today in the Charter Amendment 3 lawsuit which seeks, among other things, to prevent the reduction of County Commission to 11 from 19.
The motion asks for a temporary injunction "enjoining the effective date of Item Numbers 1, 2 and 4 of Charter Amendment Question 3 and requiring Knox County to proceed henceforth as if those three challenged provisions had not been adopted and approved . . . "
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (2 replies)
- school board meeting underway (53 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (8 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (1 reply)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)