A new motion for "Extraordinary Relief and Injunction" was filed today in the Charter Amendment 3 lawsuit which seeks, among other things, to prevent the reduction of County Commission to 11 from 19.
The motion asks for a temporary injunction "enjoining the effective date of Item Numbers 1, 2 and 4 of Charter Amendment Question 3 and requiring Knox County to proceed henceforth as if those three challenged provisions had not been adopted and approved . . . "
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (11 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (41 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (30 replies)
- Dangers hidden in the education debate (6 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (14 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (5 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (17 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (14 replies)
- Decline of civilization, part 473 (6 replies)
- Knox County Commission Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS (11 replies)
- Donaldson on the way out (59 replies)