So there's this guy in Florida running for the Democratic nomination for governor. He has a plan to eliminate property taxes, create a million new jobs, provide free health insurance and free college for all residents, and lots more.
His plan hinges around a proposal to create the Bank of the State of Florida, which will pay 6% for CDs and make mortgage loans at 2% and other loans including small business loans at 3% and make billions for the state. How is this possible, you ask? Using "fractional reserve banking" just like every other bank, except using the profits for the public good.
Dr. Farid A. Khavari says he is "an economist, not a politician," and he can make all of this happen. He is also the author of a book, "Towards a Zero-Cost Economy - A Blueprint to Create General Economic Security in a Carefree Economy" that describes an economic system called "carefreeism," which he compares to capitalism and socialism here. You can download the book for free.
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (5 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (14 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (7 replies)
- Butt probe (4 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (1 day 15 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (2 days 20 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 13 hours from now)